• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Red Carpet Publishing

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
I just had a rather odd experience. I called the number for this company to ask if they were accepting unsolicited manuscripts at this time. I would swear the phone was answered by a young girl in a home from the way it sounded on the phone. She said no and then asked if I could call her back tomorrow????????? Anyone have any info on this company?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Here's its website. I'm guessing it's a self-publishing operation. Click on "Books"; all the books are by one author, who also owns the domain name, and the illustrations are, to put it mildly, amateurish. I checked Amazon, and the books aren't available there.

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
"Red Carpet Publishing, LLC, offers children's books for enjoyment with an education base of the child next door feel, making it more enjoyable for your child or children, friends and other family members to become a part of the story of learning."

Say what? :Huh:

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
With as many people using the internet these days I suppose that this could be something totally different because when I was dealing with them 3 years ago it was definetly a real company because I actually talked to the acquisition editor and had to go through a receptionist. At the time I talked to her though she said they were going through some type of overtake type situation and to try to reapply in 6mths and when I reapplied I was rejected but it all looked on the up and up.

Last edited:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
This must have been a different company then. The archive.org of this http://www.redcarpetpublishing.com site goes back to 2002, and while the site looked slightly different, it was definitely the same operation.

I've seen more than one website out there that was a self-publishing operation but still had submission links to give the impression of a normal, small press.

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
Well........roll me in cornmeal and call me a corndog....Why in the world would they have accepted the silly thing in the first thing??????? Maybe the ex did me a favor. That's all I would need is another experience like the fabulous (NOT) PA conbobulation......could you image being scammed by 2 companies at same time??? (I guess that PA came a bit later......but still....) I gotta quit being so trusting.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I just reread the other thread about this over at the rejection forum.

Are you positive the name of the publisher was "Red Carpet Publishing"? I can't seem to find anything other than the one already mentioned. Could it have been Harcourt? They have a few childrens' imprints, one named Red Wagon, another Magic Carpet.

Last edited:

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
What kid wouldn't want to read:

Giovanni's Pedicure

Many thoughts cloud Giovanni's judgement when it comes to his healthcare needs and a class trip to a beauty college.

OR

Janel's Shampoo

Children love learning about life. Tatiana and Janel are very special for they learn and understand differences in hair care for each other.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Heh.

There is one adult book now, by a different author who is "marketing" through Airleaf.

This carpet is not a good ride.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The other author's second book on the site (pubbed in 2008), is listed on Amazon under CCB Publishing, a company apparently popular with Airleaf victims.... Nothing more for Red Carpet.