• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Juno Books

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Once part of Wildside Press, Juno is now an imprint of Pocket Books (Simon & Schuster).

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
My crit pal had an offer from them but had a better offer from Ace so didn't go with them.
No reason to think that they are anything other than solidly respectable

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I write for Juno. :)

I can't say much at the moment because so many things are in the process of changing, now that we're a Pocket imprint. But I really didn't have any major complaints before and am definitely pleased that my next Juno book will have Pocket distro & marketing behind it.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know Juno's response time? Do they definitely respond to all queries?

Thanks in advance!

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted toward the end of January, so it hasn't been that long yet. I've been following the Juno blog to try to get a hint at the response time but haven't really read anything that indicates how long it takes. Good to know she responds to all the queries, though.

Thanks!

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Okay, I emailed Paula--acquisitions & everything else editor--and she said it's running around a month or so. She said in general if it's been more than two weeks since you submitted, she's considering it.

And she has a couple of dozen subs she's getting ready to reply to in the next few days.

You can always email to make sure a submission was received.

Good luck, hope that helps! :)

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
DecemberQuinn: You. Are. Awesome. Seriously, you totally rock! It helps my sanity so much having a rough guideline for a response time.

Thanks for emailing her!

Sandy

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Heard back from Ms. Guran today. Took 34 days, which is an awesome turn around time for what was essentially a partial read. Said she debated on the project for a while, but it just didn't grab her enough. She did invite me to submit future projects, though.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Has anyone else heard back on your submission? I subbed on 2/9 & am still waiting (hope that's a good sign!).

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
I heard back on March 5th from my January 29th submission. Ms. Guran said she'd debated on mine for a while but ultimately decided to pass, so I think if she's had yours for a while, that's a good thing. She's probably thinking about it.

Good luck!

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Just fwiw, I submitted a historical (dark) fantasy in the early days, and got a thoughtful rejection - it wasn't the direction Juno was going in.
I've seen Juno books at at least one of the big independent bookstores in Victoria BC, so they have distribution, definitely.
-Barbara

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Concluded its deal with Pocket in Jan '13. Not finding any sign it continues as an imprint.