Question About Self-Publishing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasun

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right thread, and don't care because I'm more focused on the problem at hand. You see I'm currently working with an artist on one of my latest manga concepts Haunting Nights. And we're planning along with another writer to start a Comic-Book/Manga Publishing Company, and I'm currently about to Self-Publish my series Princess Of The Damned: Apocalyptic Christmas, but before I do, I want to ask that if I were to self-publish one of my own stories can I get re-published under an actual Comic-Book Publishing Company as Well? Because I've seen novels published under multiple Companies but never Comic-Books because The writers, and/or artists if I'm not mistaken singed on to have their works published specifically by those publishers alone.

Rasun

Banned
Reaction score
Who's buying the rights, and what rights are they buying? That's the only question that matters.

Uh-huh, I knew that asking this question here would get me answers. Well long story short I'm going to help an artist start her own Comic-Book/Manga Publishing Company. So I'd be selling her the rights to my story, and characters. Of course I'll also have to talk it over with her to see how she wants Madaak Comics to operate so far as creator owned Material goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.