For example:

How do you spell the sound of someone screaming?

I would imagine that people who write children's books or comics are quite adapt at spelling non-words but I can see where any writer would likely face the need to describe some event, expression or sound in this manner.

I don't know if there is a term used to describe what I am talking about but I thought it might be nice to begin a reference list.

I've been out of kindergarten far to long to remember phonics so if you have a non-word to share would you please list it here?

Thanks in advance,