Happy Thanksgiving

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Womack Publishing Agency (David A. Womack)

Womack Publishing Agency (David A. Womack)

If a thread on this guy is already up, I appologize, but anyway does anybody know more about David A. Womack?
    I first found him in the 2008 Christian Writer's Market Guide and it says that he's recognized in the business and he looks okay so far.
    But he doesn't have his own website, so I was wondering if anybody knows who some of his clients are.
    Thanks so much!!!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Personally, I'd avoid an agent who publishes through Trafford: http://www.trafford.com/05-0542
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Today is your last day. FOTSGreg's Avatar
    A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
    No website, no references other than he's "recognized"? I'll bet he's "recognized" in the trade all right. I'll refrain from saying what he's recognized for.

It's so sad that there appears to be a great many so-called "Christian" agents and publishers who are anything but.

I'd steer clear.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
    Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
    WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure he charges a fee, but I'm not at home right now and can't check my files. I'll report back once I get home.

- Victoria

practical experience, FTW Nandi's Avatar
    From Writers Net web site. How convenient! An agent who happens to run his own publishing company!
    Agency: Womack Publishing Agency
    PO Box 1367
    Somerton, Arizona, United States

My own books have been with HarperCollins (Harper & Row and Harper/San Francisco), Bethany House, and Gospel Publishing House. At GPH I was manager of book editing and marketing. I have been in THE WRITER. Now I operate my own literary agency primarily to help authors find publishers in the Bible bookstore and trade markets. Mostly, I handle nonfiction, fiction, and children's books. I do cross over to secular markets for appropriate manuscripts. One book I have represented is THE PILGRIM'S PROGRESS IN MODERN ENGLISH, edited by L. Edward Hazelbaker, with Bridge-Logos Publishers. That book now is the Number One of 230 editions at Barnes and Noble.com.

Memberships: I am listed in Sally E. Stuart's CHRISTIAN WRITERS' MARKET GUIDE, Everyonewhosanyone.com, Christian Writers Info Net, and other sites.

Listed in Jeff Herman's directory of agents: No

Reading fee: No

practical experience, FTW Nandi's Avatar
    An aside, FWIW. I've been researching Christian publishers recently and have been surprised by how much due diligence is needed in identifying those I would feel comfortable approaching.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    According to the 2010 CWMG, Womack is out of business (i.e., he's listed as OB in their index (page 44 of this excerpt)).
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: