Not open for further replies.

geardrops

Good thing I like my day job
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geardrops.net
Excellent! Now here's hoping they don't make him write the game script with both hands tied behind his back :)

(I'm actually very excited, as storytelling in video games is something that is near and dear to my little heart. I could go off about it.)

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! Now here's hoping they don't make him write the game script with both hands tied behind his back :)

(I'm actually very excited, as storytelling in video games is something that is near and dear to my little heart. I could go off about it.)

Do. I think it would be a really cool topic. Not that I've played a lot of video games (okay 3) but the ones i played had awesome storyline.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you think that incredibly gifted writers have not been involved in this industry before now, you may want check out the homepage of william haskins.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
You'll see more and more of this. The gaming market is maturing rapidly and games that contain great stories as well as awesome graphics and gameplay will be in high demand.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I had a good discussion about this with my brother the other night. I lamented the fact that hypertext fiction has never really taken off. He argued that it has, that modern video games, especially the RPGs and "plot-driven" shooters, are in effect interactive hypertext fiction.

geardrops

Good thing I like my day job
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geardrops.net
If you think that incredibly gifted writers have not been involved in this industry before now, you may want check out the homepage of william haskins.

I'm not saying they haven't. I'm just saying they've not in the majority.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Doom has a plot?

I'm confused. It was more fun when you could program in your school map and populate it with storm troopers..then blow them away.

My high school youth was wasted.

Or make an unlicensed Wolfenstein 3D where Castle Wolfenstein is the Ark, Nazis are barnyard animals and ammo is fruit...

Status
Not open for further replies.