Greatest high school achievement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I have a line in my book that goes something like this:

His greatest achievement occurred in high school, when he was voted the president of the Drama Club. His reign, however, was short. He was impeached in a bloody coup after trying to make 'My Fair Lady' back into 'Pygmalion.'

This is an early description of one of the main protagonists - a devious and annoying office manager. The joke is a reference to a Woody Allen skit from the 50s. Anyway, my agent likes the whole "his greatest achievement occurred in high school" lead in, but wants something that will better highlight the character's terrible demeanor - awkward, lazy, and offensive. I totally agree with her, and would like to keep that bit, but am at a complete loss on what sort of funny incident I can insert.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
His greatest achievement occurred in high school when he broke into the school late one night and painted a mural of the cheerleaders topless on the gym wall. His only mistake was signing his work.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That last sentence could be: His biggest failure was signing his work.

A reversal of his greatest achievement.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I am always amazed by how fantastic you guys are! I've been thinking about how to change that sentence for days, and within five minutes of posting here, you gave me an excellent idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.