• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Thank you, Dave Kuzminski and Jenna Glatzer...

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.behlerpublications.com
...for your wonderful and informative sites, P&E and AW. Authors aren't the only ones who avail themselves of these sites. I know of five other publishing companies who use Dave's information when looking up the qualifications of lit agencies. The information I was seeking wasn't on his site, but I did forward him my backup because of a huge red flag I recieved this morning, and I'm hopeful that Dave will check this person out.

What I do have to say is please, please, please, protect yourselves and check out anyone out who purports the ability to place your manuscript with a publisher. Ask questions, demand to know to whom they've sold novels. These won't always be lit agents. Some claim to wear several different hats, such as editing/writing services.

If they tell you that certain publishers who are routinely discussed in these forums are a good deal, run. This particular person admits that she takes on writers who have little confidence in their writing. It was meant to sound benevolent. Scammers always have a hook and know how to prey on the weaknesses of the hopeful writer. Please be careful and utilize Dave's and AW's fine sites. And always look both ways before crossing the street.