Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
What should I do if i have no credentials? I know people say 'just don't say anything' but that seems a bit... I don't know. Like a bit blank.

Should i say that I'm currently studying for an A-level in English Language and literature? Or is it not worth putting?

Thank you for any help.

XX

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Thank you =]

XX

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you (no writing creds). Say nothing. It's better than trying to fill in the blank with something that isn't quite relevant. :)

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
My book takes place in my hometown, so I wrote that down. I'm also a freelance writer, so I mentioned that too. But other than that, my bio is very very short. :) Don't worry about it too much. Just write a killer query.

Lucifal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.murkydepths.com
If your story has been accepted then don't be ashamed to say "this is my first published story".

As an editor I don't want to see anyone's bio until I accept the story (it's in our guidelines but at least half the submitters ignore it) so in that instance there isn't a problem. But another magazine editor might want the bio up front (check the guidelines). I prefer a simple: 'Please consider my story "Blah Blah" for publication in Blah Blah,'.
'Thank you for considering . . .' or 'I'd like you to consider . . .', on the other hand, can be annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.