Anyone else in So Cal just feel that earthquake?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It delivered a pretty good jolt.

I'm in Murrieta Ca. (Riverside Co.) and it was pretty strong but only lasted a second. It was a bump followed by a stronger after shock.

If I never see you guys again, I love ya's. :D

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
I didn't feel a thing and I'm in N. County SD. 'Course I'm playing tennis ball w/ my mom's pup in a half empty house while Kola is sleeping in her walk-in closet. Go figure.

Got a nice fire going while watching the BCS championship game, which is now tied.

But no jolts, here. Could be the tennis ball bouncing off the walls. Or, the echos you're hearing :D due to the lack of furniture.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Weird. I saw on the news that Costa Rica had an earthquake and commented to my wife that Mexico will have one tomorrow and California will have one Saturday.

She just came down the stairs to tell me my prediction was off a couple days.

Stay safe, Werri.

rxvenomqueen

Hope I'm not in for any earthquakes when I visit the parents in Feb.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Weird. I saw on the news that Costa Rica had an earthquake and commented to my wife that Mexico will have one tomorrow and California will have one Saturday.

She just came down the stairs to tell me my prediction was off a couple days.

Stay safe, Werri.

I brought them with me from Reno. When I left we were having hundreds of them. I must lose some weight.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, felt it in Hollywood. It was a 5 in San Bernardino. We just had a quick shake.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad the ground doesn't move where I live.

That seriously freaks me out...the earth shouldn't move.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
I felt it. A pretty strong couple of jolts. They've lowered it to a 4.5 now.

2old2pb

This Is Serious Mum!
Registered
Reaction score
The wife and kid live in east county. I wonder if they felt it?

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Blame Silverking, he started that 'shake shake shake, shake shake shake' thread.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
My folks didn't call me and say anything... so I guess it wasn't a big deal. When I was in LA in July, we went through the 5.3. That was fun... my FIRST earthquake, and I didn't know it. I thought a big truck drove past. Then my mom tried to call me for half an hour because all the lines had been switched for emergency use only. They said that was the biggest quake they'd experienced, because it was pretty close to where they lived (about 6 miles).

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
It delivered a pretty good jolt.

I'm in Murrieta Ca. (Riverside Co.) and it was pretty strong but only lasted a second. It was a bump followed by a stronger after shock.

If I never see you guys again, I love ya's. :D

YES!!!!! I DID!!!!

I was in Covina eating dinner and felt the strong jolt, thought somebody bumped into the back of our booth with a cart. Then I felt a slight rolling. Then I looked up and the lamp was swaying gently.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad the ground doesn't move where I live.

That seriously freaks me out...the earth shouldn't move.

Yea, there's nothin like it. Well maybe a hurricane or tornado, but shoot....Ill say it again, at least you see those comin.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Here in the Midwest we don't get much rolling, but a few months ago I woke up wondering who was shaking the bed. Turns out we had a quake in the 4-5 Richter range. We have the New Madrid fault over the Reelfoot Rift to contend with here. The biggest quakes to hit the lower 48 were in southern Missouri (estimated in the 8.0 range and higher) In 1811 - 1812 three severe quakes hit with hundreds of aftershocks. Not many people were around back and it was estimated 600 -1000 lost their lives. If it happened today the damage and loss of life would be staggering. The Mississippi River ran backwards, new lakes were created and others drained; must have been devastating.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
YES!!!!! I DID!!!!

I was in Covina eating dinner and felt the strong jolt, thought somebody bumped into the back of our booth with a cart. Then I felt a slight rolling. Then I looked up and the lamp was swaying gently.

You got a sway? I love the sway quakes. This happened so quick my brain went into denile.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
You got a sway? I love the sway quakes. This happened so quick my brain went into denile.

Well, first I got a BAM agains the back of my booth. Which may have been a cart swaying into it, who knows. But I felt the uneasy feel of the ground rolling beneath me. Then the lamp, well, confirmed it. Carts dont make lamps sway. ;)