Sucked in!

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Well, I think I've been sucked into the new age...wife got me a iPod for our anniversary, and now I'm slowly transferring my CDs into it.

I'm going to have to figure out how to keep my down-with-Mac attitude. :)

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
So far so good...can't believe I can fit all of my Metallica albums (at least the songs I enjoy) into there, and still have nearly 3/4 of the drive left to fill.

I really don't like these earpieces, though...

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
I really don't like these earpieces, though...

so buy different ones. I like the SkullCandy ones. they come with 3 different size rubber thingies so they fit your ear perfectly. then again, ear buds are so old school, everyone's gone back to the big honking earphones again. not as big and honking as the 70's, can you say pilot earphones, but they're big and they fit over your ear. Check out BestBuy.

rxvenomqueen

Some people say they can't live without their cell phone...
I can't live without my beloved iPod.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I listened to some old cassette tapes last week... one of these days I'm going to transfer them, but until then....

And Aston, you first start with the iPod, and soon you'll be getting an iMac or MacBook. Resistance is futile.

dr_evil.jpg

Bwhaha. Bwhahahaha. Bwhahahahahahahaha.

Last edited:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
no turntable

They're selling 'em at Target, one of the high point of their recent sales slump.

Vinyl sales also rose, while CD sales dipped and downloads stayed even.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Really? It just does it all by itself?

No, it has to be plugged into your computer, then you can rip it using your software (or the software that comes with it). It's kind of like a CD-drive - you can rip your CDs through the drive to your iTune or whatever. Here, you can rip your LP through the USB turntable.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like myself one of those USB turntable so I can finally transfer all my LPs to mp3s.

I seriously need one of those!

I got myself some earphones at the CNE this year--the iPod fits right into the earphone itself. No cords. They block out extraneous sound a lot better than earbuds do, and I take them when I travel. At home, I bought a little JVC portable stereo system with an iPod dock on the top. Now if only those tech geniuses out there would figure out how to put iPod docks in cars (those hook up things that use an unused radio frequency don't work to well in heavily populated areas) I'd be in heaven.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
No, it has to be plugged into your computer, then you can rip it using your software (or the software that comes with it). It's kind of like a CD-drive - you can rip your CDs through the drive to your iTune or whatever. Here, you can rip your LP through the USB turntable.

Cool. I will look into those. I have some old bootlegs of concerts that are impossible to find anywhere. I'd love to rip those into CDs. Coolness.