• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Robert E. Tabian, Literary Agent

CKelly

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Robert ("Bob") Tabian? He asked for my entire manuscript by email a couple of months ago, and I have yet to hear back from him.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick note: nothing reported to Publisher's Marketplace.

(Doesn't mean that he has not made sales, only that he has not reported any.)

CKelly

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the research and comments (maybe someday I'll figure out where to look for myself (besides here)).
I'm not holding my breath, I'll keep looking around.
CK

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
One of the books listed on Google lists him with the International Creative Management agency, so you may info on him there.

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
ICM is one of the most prestigious agencies out there. They don't report on PM because they don't have to. They're right up there with William Morris.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
One of the books listed on Google lists him with the International Creative Management agency, so you may info on him there.
That's from 1986. He's on his own now. ETA: Since 1992.

Last edited:

Gardenia31

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have his email/mailing address?

Arquebus

Registered
Reaction score
Contact info

Does anyone have his email/mailing address?

I have:

Tabian, Robert - 212-481-8484
31 E 32nd St #3

No idea if it's up to date.

Also:

31 E 32nd St # 300 New York, NY 10016 - (212) 481-8484

And:

BINGO QUEENS by June London (aka June Park) to Cliff Street (HarperCollins, April 1999) in a two-book, six-figure deal by Robert Tabian of Robert Tabian Literary Agency. Ms. London was the Mainstream Fiction winner in the 1998 New Author Awards competition. First-time author.

Last edited:

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
From his LinkedIn page:
Robert Tabian's Summary
I offer an in depth understanding and knowledge of all aspects of the publishing process based upon 37 years of experience both in house and as an independent agent having worked across a wide range of genres and with such best selling authors as Dr. Seuss, John Richardson, James Baldwin, Robert Ludlum, Laurel Mellin, Lawrence Sanders, Tom Clancy, Robin Cook, George Burns, Art Buchwald, Shelley Winters, Dean Koontz, the estate of Ayn Rand, John LeCarre, William Styron, Priscilla Presley, Elizabeth Taylor as well as established brands including Joy of Cooking, E.T. and Raggedy Ann.

Sounds pretty big ... and yet I can't find a website on him and he's still not in PM? All I can say is: hm.

Plus, I'm not sure what the Susan Golant link had to do with this (unless he was listed on the page 2 years ago, which he's now ... not).

Last edited:

Anjulee

Registered
Reaction score
email address

This is what I have for a mailing address:

31 E. 32nd Street, Suite 300
New York, NY 10016

Not sure if the mailing address is correct. But I do have a correct email address. Be advised that he has a blocker on his email server. You have to fill out an earthlink page with your name and a small message. If he decides to accept your email, he will answer you. I recieved a short, but very nice letter stating he does not take on paranormal manuscripts. I sent it today 11/5/12 and recieved a reply a few minutes later.

his email is [email protected]