AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Robert E. Tabian, Literary Agent

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Robert E. Tabian, Literary Agent

Has anyone had any experience with Robert ("Bob") Tabian? He asked for my entire manuscript by email a couple of months ago, and I have yet to hear back from him.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I'm not finding any website for him, but he has strong sales to big publishers. http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&...-8&sa=N&tab=wp

As for not hearing from him, unless he gave you a timeline, I'd wait until the three-month mark before querying for status (especially since it spanned the holidays). If there's no response after six months, move on.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Just a quick note: nothing reported to Publisher's Marketplace.

(Doesn't mean that he has not made sales, only that he has not reported any.)
    The Girl's Guide to (Man)Hunting - Available May 1, 2012. Amazon | B&N |Goodreads

www.jessica-sims.com
    www.jillmyles.com
    http://jessica-clare.com

Thanks for the research and comments (maybe someday I'll figure out where to look for myself (besides here)).
    I'm not holding my breath, I'll keep looking around.
    CK

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    One of the books listed on Google lists him with the International Creative Management agency, so you may info on him there.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

ICM is one of the most prestigious agencies out there. They don't report on PM because they don't have to. They're right up there with William Morris.
    www.jamaicalayne.com, http://jamaicalayne.blogspot.com
    www.ravenousromance.com

MARKET FOR LOVE now available; Buy it here.

[Jamaica Layne] has built a multifaceted writing career, in genres ranging from theater to erotic fiction"---Chicago Tribune

"Layne sucks you in and doesn't let go until the last page."--Love Romance Passion.com

"Once you read Jamaica Layne, she will be on your auto-buy list."----Dirty Girl Reviews, on MARKET FOR LOVE

4 Stars!----Romantic Times Magazine

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M.R.J. Le Blanc View Post
    One of the books listed on Google lists him with the International Creative Management agency, so you may info on him there.
    That's from 1986. He's on his own now. ETA: Since 1992.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 01-06-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: found date
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

figuring it all out
    Does anyone have his email/mailing address?

Contact info

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenia31 View Post
    Does anyone have his email/mailing address?
    I have:

Tabian, Robert - 212-481-8484
    31 E 32nd St #3

No idea if it's up to date.

Also:

31 E 32nd St # 300 New York, NY 10016 - (212) 481-8484

And:

BINGO QUEENS by June London (aka June Park) to Cliff Street (HarperCollins, April 1999) in a two-book, six-figure deal by Robert Tabian of Robert Tabian Literary Agency. Ms. London was the Mainstream Fiction winner in the 1998 New Author Awards competition. First-time author.
    Last edited by Arquebus; 03-09-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: adding info

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian Brian P. White's Avatar
    From his LinkedIn page:
    Robert Tabian's Summary
    I offer an in depth understanding and knowledge of all aspects of the publishing process based upon 37 years of experience both in house and as an independent agent having worked across a wide range of genres and with such best selling authors as Dr. Seuss, John Richardson, James Baldwin, Robert Ludlum, Laurel Mellin, Lawrence Sanders, Tom Clancy, Robin Cook, George Burns, Art Buchwald, Shelley Winters, Dean Koontz, the estate of Ayn Rand, John LeCarre, William Styron, Priscilla Presley, Elizabeth Taylor as well as established brands including Joy of Cooking, E.T. and Raggedy Ann.
    Sounds pretty big ... and yet I can't find a website on him and he's still not in PM? All I can say is: hm.

Plus, I'm not sure what the Susan Golant link had to do with this (unless he was listed on the page 2 years ago, which he's now ... not).
    Last edited by Brian P. White; 09-28-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
    He's not on agentquery either.

Gargling blasters
    Wow. Zombie thread.

http://www.chrisbissette.com
    I'm writing a story a day for a year. Come say hello!

@pangalactic

Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
    But it shows he's not yet listed on PM or agentquery, two years later.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Anjulee's Avatar

email address

This is what I have for a mailing address:

31 E. 32nd Street, Suite 300
    New York, NY 10016

Not sure if the mailing address is correct. But I do have a correct email address. Be advised that he has a blocker on his email server. You have to fill out an earthlink page with your name and a small message. If he decides to accept your email, he will answer you. I recieved a short, but very nice letter stating he does not take on paranormal manuscripts. I sent it today 11/5/12 and recieved a reply a few minutes later.

his email is retlit@mindspring.com