Quote Originally Posted by Ayanna View Post
Was wondering if there was any new info on this publisher? Since they changed hands and stuff, didnt know it things got better or not.
I have no fee for my book and they offered to get it out there. I have full say in my cover, which leads me to think they let the authors control them and they say yeah or no to them in the end. So I was just curious, also I get a good compensation, wont say how much but it is well worth it. Dont know how much to say or not because I dont want to be singled out, but I think they have changed.
Oh I will say that if I went with their editors I would pay their editor fees, which I believe is fully understandable.
I am not being charged a dime by them. I did pay for my own editor, an old teacher, but nothing was paid to Argus. I got a great deal with them, and already am seeing a large interest in my book, and its not even released yet. I feel Argus is doing a great job, I have been so happy with them. I had worked with a larger publisher 10 years ago and was not happy, I would of basically sold all my book rights to them, and would of had no say in the cover or anything else. Argus is different I get say in EVERYTHING that goes on with my book. I have been in constant connections with them for the past year or so, and am extremely happy. I think just like anything else, you just need to find what fits and works for you. So those that dont feel that Argus is doing them good, then feel free to look elsewhere. Argus is giving me the chance to become something bigger and do go on to bigger things, I am very pleased with them!
All I have to say is I hear nothing but negativity from everyone on here. No one is pointing anyone else in a "better" direction as you all state. I feel for what its worth and I will repeat, I HAVE NOT PAID A DIME. I do not work with William Connor, Im sure hes in the mess somewhere but not with me directly. But please if you dont have any actual help to offer or point others that are having issues in another direction, just stop downing them. And as I stated before they might not be your choice but they might fit for other people. Kinda like If the Shoe fits wear it, find what works, is all Im saying. And for me in my situation this fits atm. I get to go at my own pace, and get help when needed, Im not told what to do.
Thanks for that set-up. Ask us if there's any new information, quickly tell us you've already signed with them, complain when we give our impression based on past experience with other publishers. Typical.