Help (looking for directions to Share Your Work critique forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to trouble everyone but I am absolutely useless at these forums. May I please ask some questions?
I have a story or two i would like advice on, how do i post it?
Is there a limit to the size of the story?
What format must the attachment be in?
Is my story safe ie can it be stolen?
Thanks

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
First, look into SYW (Submit Your Work) and see what others are doing. There's a sticky to advise on protocol and many people after me will welcome you and offer more help than you could poke a stick at. And you have copyright when you write a story but it is a good idea always to have a footer with Copyright2008@name - I think that's how it goes. It's ages since I used one.

Anyway, I mustn't forget to say welcome and I hope you get a lot of help from AW. I did. And you come from a great place. There's a few of us here - you'll meet them in no time at all. So join in and enjoy yourself.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go to the main AW page and look about half-way down. You will find a forum called Share Your Work. The password is "vista". You will find some stickies at the top of the page with information and suggestions about posting in SYW.

Good luck, and welcome to AW.

ETA: I was a'typing while Mumut was posting. I may have duplicated some of his information.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
As the helpful folks above have said, you're looking for our Share Your Work critique forum (password = vista) which is split into genre sub-forums. Take a look around and see what other members are posting, and the type of feedback they've received.

If you decide to post something, consider editing your post to insert spaces between paragraphs to make it an easier read. There's an info announcement in SYW that points to a useful text reformatting tool, if you're a Windows user.

Some extra info:

Right at the top of the forums list on our main page you'll see Newbie Forum, should you feel inclined to introduce yourself and say hi to everyone. :)

And you may find The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write helpful.

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.