2009 - Year of the Yin Earth Goat (last occured in 1949)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: ...OX, the year of the Yin Earth OX, stupid!

The Chinese (solar) New Year starts on the 4th of February 2009. For those who follow or are curious about Feng Shui -- here are a couple of links of possible interest\. It takes a while to prepare your space for the new year, so you may wish to start clearing the 2008 clutter (which is what I've been doing for 3 days...) and make a clean start.
  • For 2009 Flying Stars Analysis
http://www.fengshuiweb.co.uk/advice/flyingstars2009.htm
  • An alternative source for cures and enhancements
http://www.fengshui-supply.com/store/home.php

According to Feng Shui, 2009 will be a tough year all around, and more so for those born in the year of Goat.

Main recommendations for 2009 include to activate your South and South East sectors. Watch out for the North East sector and keep it as quiet as possible.

Have a healthy and prosperous 2009.

Last edited:

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
for those who meditate and are thinking about getting a Singing Bowl -- I found a place where you can shop for one of a kind hand-hammered Tibetan Singing Bowls.... just click and listen to the sound, some if not all, are amazing! (sorry just took the three best ones for myself hehe!)

http://www.potala.com/xl-master-grade-antique-throat-chakra-tibetan-singing-bowl-p-362.html

one can easily find new bowls, but I've been chasing for affordable old ones for ages... never thought to do a net search before...

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Did I miss something? 2009 will be the year of the Ox.

And the Lunar new year begins on January 26, 2009, not February 4. That site can't even get the basic info right.

Last edited:

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
err, i did mean OX. many of my friends are Goats, so that was probably on my mind.

yes, the LUNAR year starts January 26th... but the SOLAR year starts February 4th.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Merry holidays, Angel. What a beautiful bowl. I likes. : D Thanks for the share. :Hug2:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
err, i did mean OX. many of my friends are Goats, so that was probably on my mind.

yes, the LUNAR year starts January 26th... but the SOLAR year starts February 4th.

The solar calendar is incorporated into the Chinese calendar. That's why our calendar is called the Lunar Calendar. :) The year of the Ox begins on January 26 -- the first new moon. The solar calendar tells us about the other important dates such as solstices and equinoxes, etc.

February 4th is Li Chun -- the start of Spring. The new year begins on the second new moon after the winter solstice, closest to Li Chun. This year, it is January 26. Anyway, the point is, the Year of the Ox begins on January 26, not February 4.

Last edited:

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
What a pretty bowl. Thanks for the great links.