Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
This probably sounds like a real newb question, but I haven’t even thought about it before. You see, I’m half way through my second draft, and I’ve realized, I have no idea how to even start looking for an agent.

I tried searching google, but I can’t seem to find anything. :S (This could just be my terrible searching skills.)

Some people say they sent queries out to, say, sixty-odd people. How did you find that many agencies *pulls hair*

Could people please tell me how they found their agents.

(Also, I live in England, so should I only send queries to English agencies, when I’m ready?)
Thank you ^^
:D
XX

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
(Also, I live in England, so should I only send queries to English agencies, when I’m ready?)
Thank you ^^

You can query wherever you like :) Certainly do the UK first, but depending on your genre you may find there are very few agents willing to take subs in the UK ( in fantasy it's about 12 I think). Most US agents are happy to take subs from Brits, but I always make sure I check first. It doesn't hurt to have your address even in an e-query so they don't think you can't spell:D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I used the AAR website. They're a non-profit group that holds agents to standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.