Any LIVERPOOL FC fans at AW? Anyone?

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I'm a Scotsman and a Rangers fan, but Liverpool are my English team to follow... dating back to the Shankly years. Haven't been to the Kop in many years now, but the memories are golden :)

Willie

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Man U is the NY Yankees of football. *dodges ice-filled snowballs from fans of both*

The older son is die-hard Wigan. The younger son is the Arsenal fan. The DH roots for Man City. *whispers* I'm afraid I don't care much for any of them. Sports, are, well, sports. Give me a good horror movie any day.

*ducks and runs*

:e2tongue: To both the Yankees and Man U

And speaking of the Yankees, here's hoping their big money off season signings are as successful as the signing of A-Rod **snerk**

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Man U is the NY Yankees of football. *dodges ice-filled snowballs from fans of both*

:e2tongue: To both the Yankees and Man U

And speaking of the Yankees, here's hoping their big money off season signings are as successful as the signing of A-Rod **snerk**
Hey hey hey! Easy now! I'm a Yankees fan and a Liverpool fan.

Let's see how all you nasties deal with having to rub shoulders with ME! :D If you don't like it, I'll have Hank buy your soul and sell it to the Royals...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey hey hey! Easy now! I'm a Yankees fan and a Liverpool fan.

Let's see how all you nasties deal with having to rub shoulders with ME! :D If you don't like it, I'll have Hank buy your soul and sell it to the Royals...

Can't scare me, you evil Empire fan. :D
My brother-in-law is also a Yankees fan, worse he converted my sister to a Yankee fan. And the beautiful irony, is one month after their daughter was born, the Sox won the World Series.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
What kind of fan was she before she switched teams? Because, if she was a fan of any sort... you know, real fans don't just switch teams willy-nilly. Either that or she just succumbed to the dark side. We have cookies, ya know.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What kind of fan was she before she switched teams? Because, if she was a fan of any sort... you know, real fans don't just switch teams willy-nilly. Either that or she just succumbed to the dark side. We have cookies, ya know.

My sister wouldn't have known a baseball from a Butterball before her huband got to her.

AX9602.jpg

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Can we keep to talking about football please? There's enough baseball talk in this country! :e2tongue:

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
I'm a Scotsman and a Rangers fan, but Liverpool are my English team to follow... dating back to the Shankly years. Haven't been to the Kop in many years now, but the memories are golden :)

Willie

I'll bet they're golden. If only the Benitez years turn a fifth as successful as those old Shankly-Paisley years . . .

In honor of you we shall tack up a sign: NO CELTIC FANS ALLOWED!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where did everyone go?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wigan won!

I saw the replay of Chelsea West Brom last night. Chelsea 2 West Brom 0
Sunderland Everton is on now Everton 2 Sunderland 0

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Can I admit to being a closet Chelsea fan? It started out with my hatred for Man U, but then I really started to appreciate their style of football.

On the other hand, I've always had a fondness for Liverpool. Their comeback against AC Milan in the 2005 Champions League final was a truly great moment -- unbelievable.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sulking right now! :rant: LOL

Spurs lose?

Can I admit to being a closet Chelsea fan? It started out with my hatred for Man U, but then I really started to appreciate their style of football.

On the other hand, I've always had a fondness for Liverpool. Their comeback against AC Milan in the 2005 Champions League final was a truly great moment -- unbelievable.

You can admit to being a Chelsea fan but you might get this in response
:wag:

But since you like Liverpool, we'll welcome you :D

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
Where did everyone go?

Ugh. Family. Always trying to get me to not post on AW and not watch my games.

What a day! Liverpool 5-1. What a great 90 minutes.

Yeah, that Chelsea game was fascinating. I can't believe Dempsey equalized there at the end. He's one of those American footballers I think that even English fans appreciate. It's a select group. Him along with Brad Friedal and Brian McBride.

Well, hope all you football supporters had a stomach-splitting, hearthy Christmas. I did. And I even got to watch 2 victories in three days.

Here's to the new year! (With Liverpool on top of the league)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I only get the games that are on Fox Soccer Channel so I miss a lot of them. :(

I live with my aunt who only likes American football, ugh. So it's a constant battle for me to get to watch the games.

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
Yep, I was deep in the frustration that is FSC-only for quite some time. Then I manned up and ordered Setanta on Satellite ($15 is very steep for a single channel I use 4 days a month, but . . .) and I've been a happy person ever since.

I suppose you could try to find live feeds online, but the quality is still terrible. Why hasn't technology yet caught up with where I think it should be?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to get Direct tv, their sports package has about four or five soccer channels.

You're right about the online broadcasts, they aren't very good.

I'm wondering if XM or Siruis radio have the games on

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
Directv'll do it. I have Dish. But the important thing is ordering Setanta. All of the English Premier League games are split evenly between FSC and Setanta. So Americans have no choice but to get both, otherwise suffer the whim of the programmers who could care less whether I see my Liverpool or not.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Directv'll do it. I have Dish. But the important thing is ordering Setanta. All of the English Premier League games are split evenly between FSC and Setanta. So Americans have no choice but to get both, otherwise suffer the whim of the programmers who could care less whether I see my Liverpool or not.

Thanks good to know :D

Adam Hammonds

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adam-hammonds.com
Happy New Year to all the AWers that enjoy the beautiful game!

(and a special shoutout to Steven Gerrard who (sadly) was arrested and charged with assault after Liverpool's 5-1 demolition of Newcastle at the weekend; way to be stupid, Stevie; but good luck and come back strong!)

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
Reading fan here. Sorry to hijack your thread, but I suspect I _AM_ the only royals fan on AW. Last season was, of course, a bitter one for us that ended in relegation after the last game of the season on goal difference. A pox on Fulham. This year looks like being a happier one, and we're looking forward to welcoming the likes of Liverpool (and even Chelsea) back to the MadStad next season!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Southampton in this house - because I'm from there.
Hard times for the Saints at the moment. I went to the Notts Forest match and it was just embarassing.
I work with a number of Reading fans and generally wish them well as they are the closest team to where I live.