We're Buried Under a Foot of Snow!

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I finally got a neighbor to come over with his tractor and scoop out my driveway yesterday (I live on a farm, so there's a considerable amount of driveway). Last night the wind came up again and the driveway was drifted shut again.

So I spent half the morning shoveling by hand to clear a path for my car. I ran some errands. I was gone for approximately two hours.

When I got home, the asshat that rents the equipment shed on the property had driven in with his big stupid truck and tore up the snowbank on one side of the driveway, knocking it all into my recently-scooped path. So I spent all that time this morning getting a sore back. For nothing.

I think I'll kill him.

Ciera_

A FOOT of snow? As in, a singular foot? Pffft.
Actually, we only have a foot or so here, at the moment, but the -39 (that's without windchill, mind you) temperatures last night made up for that nicely.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, our snow situation has improved. Now the only problem is ICE!

My driveway is so icy that...well, nobody wants to walk on it or drive on it.

lakotagirl

Forgot what I was gonna say
Registered
Reaction score
We're supposed to get seven more inches by tomorrow night.

snow08lg.jpg

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided to ship some of our Rhode Island snow to Alleycat in Tennessee.

Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas gift? (heh heh)

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Our county is so destitute this winter that they're barely sending out any plow or salt trucks. Most of the roads aren't getting plowed at all, even 4 days after the first snow fall. And we got another 4-6 inches today.

My little car (a rusted out 94 Cavalier) doesn't handle these conditions real well. When the car was young, sure, it did okay, but not so much anymore.

Hopefully I'll be able to get into the driveway of my new house so I can snow blow it for the carpet cleaners to come.

I'm done with snow. It's only the second day of winter, and I am so totally done with snow for the season.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided to ship some of our Rhode Island snow to Alleycat in Tennessee.

Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas gift? (heh heh)
Oh, it would just all melt. It's 50 degrees here at 9:00 at night.

Hey, could you save it and send us some next August? We could sure use it then.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
No snow at all here, but it was 10 degrees yesterday. Saturday, a limb of the neighbor's tree fell on my car and broke the windshield. They said that 10 degrees and 40 mile an hour winds made it difficult to set a new windshield, so they wouldn't come yesterday. But today it got up to 40, and I've got a new windshield, which is good since it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Now to get the rest of the glass out of the front seat...

Snow, what snow? Send some down here!

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Nope but hubby is...

Vancouver Island is snowed under. They had to close the main highway for awhile, I don't know if it has been reopened.

The weather pattern has been: 1-2 feet of snow, one day of clear skies; 1-2 feet of snow, one day of clear skies; 1-2 feet of snow.....problem hubby is having is that we are on the day 2 list for the snow plow so it isn't making it to our neighborhood.

I just got another email from him and they are predicting 2+ feet of snow over night and power outages. He changed the oil in the generators and made sure that he had plenty of fuel, etc. in case he has to go into survival mode. He already had to take an hour trudge (6 houses down the road) to deliver some food to one of the elderly people in the neighborhood. I wonder if he used the snow shoes in the basement??

I'm sitting at my parents, it's supposed to be around 60 by the weekend (but no white Christmas).

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
We just got another foot or more this evening. When I went to work at 4 pm, it was beginning to snow. I came out at 1 am to a full-scale snowstorm, a foot of snow covering the car, and a parking lot I could barely drive through.

I am so glad that I got a shift at the theatre that's a five minute drive from my house (under normal conditions), and not one at my usual workplaces, which are both half an hour away (under normal conditions) along very windy highways and back roads.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Yep...we got close to a foot east of the city too, Yesh. Toronto did a lot better than us...I woke up this morning with almost a foot of it on top of what was already there. The banks along my driveway are over my head now...I have no place to put it if there's another fall.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Now it's raining, and all the beautiful snow is being washed away. Not to mention the fact that it's going to turn to ice as soon as the temperature drops. :(

(Hockey, anyone? :) )