• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Stringer Literary Agency, LLC (Marlene Stringer)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Marlene Stringer is leaving the Bova Agency and starting her own show The Stringer Literary Agency

calliope12

Registered
Reaction score
New email address?

That's great news to hear Marlene Stringer starting her own agency. I looked for new contact info. Does anyone have the new email address?

Thanks!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Not yet. Just for the record, here's a bit from the Media Bistro announcement:

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/agents/marlene_stringer_starts_her_own_agency_103046.asp

Authors who will be staying with Stringer include Alex Bledsoe, Erica Hayes, Alyx Harvey-Fitzhenry, Virginia Baker, and Carol Hipperson. "I will continue to represent a variety of fiction and select non-fiction," she says; her current roster suggests that fiction with fantasy elements wouldn't be entirely out of place.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I must say that I am impressed. It was about 2.5 hours from query to highly impersonal rejection. Gotta give her credit for that.

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
I must say that I am impressed. It was about 2.5 hours from query to highly impersonal rejection. Gotta give her credit for that.

So sorry, Lori. My rejection just arrived...one hour and seven minutes from when I sent my query. Sigh.

FWIW, she doesn't represent memoirs. I wasn't sure, and only sent off my query because she says to go ahead and query her if you're uncertain about whether she's interested in your genre.

Last edited:

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried her on 12/28, got a request for a partial on 12/30, and a nice personal rejection on 1/2. She's very quick!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
That's one of the advantages with querying a very new agent--the slush-pile hasn't had much time to build up.

Best of luck, everyone.

Tigercub

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, she's already seen the fantasy I'm shopping around. I sent a query to Barbara Bova last year, and Marlene responded asking for a partial, which she later rejected, alas.

Rune100

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone represented by this agent? Does she have a good reputation? You can PM me if you'd like.

Austenlover

Stringer Lit

She was super fast! I queried her this morning and got a partial request for 2 of my manuscripts about 2 hours later!
Just sent them off and keeping my fingers crossed.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
She was very quick. I emailed query, etc. last night and got the form rejection this morning.

sharla

What's up??
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharlalovelace.com
Equally fast on the rejection of the partial! :Shrug:

But she gave me several points of opinion, was very nice and helpful and said she liked my voice but said it seemed overwritten and pointed out a few places for example.

Still.... I need chocolate now.

Wood75

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, she is fast. Same day request for partial. But that was weeks ago, and now I wonder why some get so quick replies on their partials and I'm still waiting... *shrug*

Julz

Queen of My Own Universe
Registered
Reaction score
Her website says that she is based in Naples, Florida. Do you guys think that'll prevent her from being as productive an agent as she was in New York? (I'm only assuming she was in NY when she was with Barbara Bova)

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Her website says that she is based in Naples, Florida. Do you guys think that'll prevent her from being as productive an agent as she was in New York? (I'm only assuming she was in NY when she was with Barbara Bova)

Probably not. In this day and age, contact is much easier. She's obviously got the established contacts - I hard think it'll matter if she contacts them from Naples or NYC. If I recall correctly, there are a few successful agencies that aren't based in NY and doing well.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I'm pretty sure Barbara Bova is also in Florida.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
It's all about who you know. Marlene Stringer could be on the dark side of the moon; enough editors have done business with her that they'll take her calls and respond to her e-mails.

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
I'm a client of hers, and she spends half of each month up in NY, so don't worry about that. Doesn't Kristen Nelson live somewhere like CO? It's not where you live, it's who you know.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
She's still quite fast! I submitted query for Book 2 last Friday, she requested partial Saturday, and rejected me Monday. What I liked about both rejections was that she gave her reason why it wasn't a good fit for her.

plugger

Registered
Reaction score
Rejected partial within 48 hours. At least the execution was quick.