• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Stringer Literary Agency, LLC (Marlene Stringer)

pen&ink

Registered
Reaction score
Most agencies are not open on Sunday, although I know a lot of agents check email, etc. What exactly are you expecting so fast?

Well, I sent a query to Marlene Stringer and I've heard she gets back to people very quickly. I was hoping to have that same luck :)

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Well, I sent a query to Marlene Stringer and I've heard she gets back to people very quickly. I was hoping to have that same luck :)

With my first YA, I heard back the same day...it's going on 3 days now...I'm a little worried about Marlene! LOL

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score

Aww....well I don't know if a 1 day turnaround is the norm for anyone...but here's wishing you good luck!

pen&ink

Registered
Reaction score
I sent my query off Sunday and I got my rejection today. Not a lot of advice for improvement or anything, but she said she had been pretty swamped with queries. I was just thrilled to have gotten an email back haha :)

Rexwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query last Thursday and I haven't heard a thing--maybe she's replying in reverse order?

Rexwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I heard back this morning. It was a rejection--exactly one week after I sent the initial query. Still pretty fast.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I heard back this morning. It was a rejection--exactly one week after I sent the initial query. Still pretty fast.

yeah, but with my other two projects, she was lightining fast...one partial request and one query rejection...same day..within hours....and she was within a day of rejecting the partial....this was back in March though....

F.F.

Registered
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that she is lightning fast on her R's and partials, does anyone have any good info on the lovely Ms.Stringer? As in past sales? Reputation? etc?

Thanks,
F.F.

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
Hi F.F., you might check out my interview with Marlene on my blog. The link's in this thread.

She is fantastic, she never gives up on a writer and has a great rep.

For sales I'd recommend Publishers Marketplace.

F.F.

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Jen, thanks for the tip.

I have actually already read the interview on your blog and while it was helpful and informative it didn't have the hard figures I was looking for.

I suppose I should probably just shell out for the publisher's marketplace subscription and get my sales figures from there. Although, it's not always updated and then just kind of a waste of cash.

I'm basically looking for a string of publisher's that she has made previous sales to. If one of those pubs is on my dream publisher list then the query will digitally fly her way.

It's a long and convoluted road of vetting people and doing background checks on their entire lives, before sending them my baby in an e-mail. As I'm sure all of you well know. It's just that sometimes I feel more like a hard boiled private detective than a author. And I don't even write crime novels....

;)

F.F.

Ainsley MacQueen

Registered
Reaction score
Jen, I didn't see on your blog who her editor contacts are. Do you have that?

FYI
I queried Marlene July 27, got a partial request on the 28th, and then got a full request 16 days later. Haven't heard back yet. I won't expect to hear anything for another month, I would guess. I do follow her on twitter, so I know she has a life.

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm thinking about querying. What does she mean by a short synopsis? How many pages are we talking about? 2? or 5? Mine is 8 right now, so I just need to know what I should cut out of it. Thanks.

Last edited:

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
Hi Ainsley, Hi FF,

Erm, she has many editor contacts and they are varied depending on what you write and how she best determines to sell it. I have to grin a bit at the idea I provide you a list of her editors. No agent will provide you that until they have offered, your book is up to speed and they give you your editor sub list.

And then you will still not have their full list of editors.

For an idea of who she's sold to recently, you can go to her webpage or take out a subscription to Pub Marketplace and check there.

Hope this helps.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Marlene on 8/13, got a nice form rejection on 8/14. Maybe she is still considering your query or milling it over? Good luck to all of you!

hopeful09

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thinningtheweeds.blogspot.com
Well, first time posting, long time reading. I love this forum. Just thought I'd add my two cents. I queried Ms. Stringer last night (Sunday night) and she responded with an R by 9 this a.m. I do appreciate knowing so soon, but wow! would I like to see a request for a partial or a full in my inbox. So tttiiirrreeeddd of Rs....

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Well, first time posting, long time reading. I love this forum. Just thought I'd add my two cents. I queried Ms. Stringer last night (Sunday night) and she responded with an R by 9 this a.m. I do appreciate knowing so soon, but wow! would I like to see a request for a partial or a full in my inbox. So tttiiirrreeeddd of Rs....

Same here.

himynameisamanda

Registered
Reaction score
Marlene Stringer - Stringer Lit

I'm not sure if anything's been said about them on here already, but I didn't find it.

I just get email from them asking for more pages from my urban fantasy/young adult. Does anybody know anything about them, good or bad or otherwise?

Thanks for any info.

redlady1

Registered
Reaction score
Got a very nice personalized rejection on 12/3. Which totally sucks because she was a top pick of mine but I appreciate her taking the time to personalize it.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Just sent Ms. Stringer a query but considering it is only 3am in the US (4pm the next day here in Hong Kong), I'm wondering how long it will take her to respond. After reading all these posts, I have developed a morbid fascination with seeing how quickly she will get back to me... hopefully not with a big R!!