• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Stringer Literary Agency, LLC (Marlene Stringer)

Wonderlander

Bird In Flight
Registered
Reaction score
Rejected my query within three days.

Time to get back to the drawing board on the query, I think...

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to add for reference that I e-queried two days ago and got a reply today. Very fast turnaround!

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a next day R for my partial. I don't think it can get much faster.

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score
Four days between partial request and rejection. Not bad, although not the result I was hoping for.

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
She rejected a query of mine not long ago within a few days. When I queried her about another project, she requested a partial of mine the next day. I wish more agents were this fast.

loriwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I was a little leery about the Florida/New York thing but ya'll convinced me to give Ms. Stringer a try.

Got a request for 50 pages 5 minutes after sending her an equery. *fingers crossed*

Gwydion

Registered
Reaction score
I was a little leery about the Florida/New York thing but ya'll convinced me to give Ms. Stringer a try.

Got a request for 50 pages 5 minutes after sending her an equery. *fingers crossed*

Yeah, she must be on fire today, or something. I queried and got a partial request 7 minutes afterward. Good luck to both of us! :)

Last edited:

Gwydion

Registered
Reaction score
Well, she got back to me within hours of receiving my partial. It was an R, but a personal R with good feedback.

loriwriter

Registered
Reaction score
14 hours from 50 page request to a personalized rejection. Oh well. Still have 2 fulls out with other agents.

loriwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully the personalized R was helpful and gives you an idea of something to work on.

Not really. She said "The story is interesting, the setting is cool; however, I sensed no discernible voice, as if the ms was overpolished to the point of perfection."

Can't really correct voice. You either have it or you don't. Funny thing is that's what I get complimented most on (in contests most judges say I have a very strong voice). My last agent loved my voice. Guess Ms. Stringer just didn't get mine. But getting a full request from another agent later that day sure took the sting out of it. *G*

Last edited:

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Rejected a requested partial of mine, but suggested the sort of agents I should submit to.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

stevewed

Aspiring Reader
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steveweddle.com
Not really. She said "The story is interesting, the setting is cool; however, I sensed no discernible voice, as if the ms was overpolished to the point of perfection."

Can't really correct voice. You either have it or you don't. Funny thing is that's what I get complimented most on (in contests most judges say I have a very strong voice). My last agent loved my voice. Guess Ms. Stringer just didn't get mine. But getting a full request from another agent later that day sure took the sting out of it. *G*

Can't say that anyone has ever told me my manuscript was too perfect.

pen&ink

Registered
Reaction score
just wondering...

I was just wondering if the agency is open on Sundays since I sent off my query today. Should I be expecting it later tonight or tomorrow sometime? Thank you! :)

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering if the agency is open on Sundays since I sent off my query today. Should I be expecting it later tonight or tomorrow sometime? Thank you! :)

Most agencies are not open on Sunday, although I know a lot of agents check email, etc. What exactly are you expecting so fast?