• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Amy Rennert Agency

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
I had read somewhere online that Amy Rennert preferred e-mail queries, so I sent her one regarding my novel on March 23. I had not received any response by the end of April, so I resent the e-mail query in case something had gone awry the first time ...

Now I've learned that, besides requesting queries by e-mail, Amy Rennert's submission guidelines state that the e-mail should include the first 10 pages of the manuscript in Word format. Ooops.:Smack:

Is there anything I can, or should, do now to redeem myself? I am assuming that the fact that I haven't received any response (either positive or negative) by now is related to the fact that I didn't follow her submission guidelines to the letter.

Or should I just assume that I blew my chances with this agent/agency, and avoid becoming a nuisance by moving on?

azbikergirl

I really do look like this.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fantasyauthor.blogspot.com
I've noticed that some agents who accept email queries won't reply if they're not interested. But then, we can't tell if they'd even received it. I decided to query by snail mail to every agent I submit to, with the SASE, so even if they say no, at least I won't be left wondering.

If I were in your shoes, I'd snail mail a copy of the latest query, apologize in case she's received multiple queries, and explain that I'm sending the hard-copy because email isn't always reliable.

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Not a nuisance?

gogoshire said:
Resend! Resend!

Don't NOT resend to her because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

You know, you're right ... what was I thinking?

Oh, yes, now I remember -- I was afraid of becoming a nuisance. And somehow being blacklisted -- you know, like Ms. Rennert would remember me/my title and badmouth me over cocktails with other agents.

I realize now that there's A LOT more aspiring novelists can (and probably) do -- like multiple phone calls, rude e-mails, stalking, etc.

But ... does this also mean that ... one can & SHOULD query a second, different (but genre-appropriate) agent at the same agency if one gets rejected by the first agent? Would that make any sense? Or don't I have anything to lose, again?

Hmmm .... :Huh:

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
just b/c you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you...

Great question. I've never done that, but why not?

What is the fear? Being blacklisted? From sending queries?

They already said "no" once.

Sending a second query (a revised one, I'd think) to another agent at the same agency is probably fine. It might be redundant, though, if genre-specific agents confer, but that would depend on the agency's size.