Day of listening Interview DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
You can use this thread for follow up questions too, if an interview sparked your interest and you want to know more, go ahead and ask. I think many of the folks would be more than happy to talk more.

Discuss some of the interviews. Which ones did you like? What made you laugh? Whose answers surprised you most?:)

For me, I loved the way Celina wrote her interviews.
I loved the OFG went ahead and gave us the interviews of the ancestors. I know it means a lot to you, OFG, and the love for your subjects came through. Fascinating.

I still have a bunch to read!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I've got to give Mr. Haskins mad props for his closing poem.

Celina's interview style is fantastic.

Silver King confirmed what I've suspected all along.

Robeiae's words are wise: Remember, read history but never trust historians.

Cray, darlin'!, that was a HORRIBLE summer job!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
When I saw the poem William used for his last question I was giddy. I've loved it since he first posted it.
He also has posted it in Midnight Poetry on AuthorScoop. I keep a copy of it in my desk. When you get down on writing you read it. Suddenly you are driven. William has called me to action more than once with his poetry. That's why I had to interview him. (well, that and I think he's goddamn funny).

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saritam8 hasn't posted my interview. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned my collection of human heads I keep in the freezer, or that I have an imaginary pet monkey named Chester.

Some people just can't take the truth.

;-)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Sara is in NYC. I think she'll be posting later.

There should not be an aversion to human heads. Did you see what William Haskin's mother said about him?

Denton

Registered
Reaction score
Read a couple of the interviews so far. Both extremely interesting... made me think about many things.

Looking forward to reading more.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
It was an honor to be interviewed by Yeshanu, and it was such a brilliant idea, Trish. I look forward to reading ALL of the interviews ( call me wierd, but I read mine first. I'm an attention monkey). Thanks for the props, Ruth:D

As I think I said, it was an honour to do the interviewing. And I can't fix my post title, but I did put in an apology to you and my readers, and have a PM out to Trish to fix it. :eek:

Can we do this again, sometime? Chaos isn't the only one who didn't participate, and I only had time to do four this go-round. These things are worse than popcorn or chips--definitely can't eat just one!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Williebee was awesome. we talked before he started recording just so he could ask what songs I like. That's why Eric Clapton is playing between edits.

He edited out about 4 minutes of rambling which is awesome.

And he asked great questions.

So much fun.

(and thanks Jamie and Willie for the shout out for the day of listening. I'm so glad I decided to bring the idea to AW).

You've all given me a great christmas present by participating.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I changed it for you, Ruth. Not a problem. And yes, there were folks that couldn't do it this time or missed it.

We can definitely do it again. Maybe this summer we'll have a Day of listening revisited. Or maybe we'd do ourselves better to have a week of listening with more interviews but also some features on some cool projects, sites, etc belonging to the people of AW.

Yes. I definitely think we could do this again.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I'm definitely pleased by how many of us participated. It would be fun to do it again. The interviews have all been interesting and fun to read, and my character notes files...er...respect for everyone has been growing as I read.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I agree, these have been fun to read. Now I'm sorry I didn't participate. :(
FYI, she and I are fixing this right now. Her interview will be posted before the end of the day.

I thought Darzian's interview INCREDIBLY complelling. Contrasting it with Laurie's interview I thought proved some fascinating insight.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
MsCelina-- really nice work. I like the style.

IF Soccer Mom decides to bite head of a bird before a trial, can we get that on youtube?

(Court TV would probably already have the rights, though...)

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I particularly liked hearing the audio interviews. Williebee, Perks and Stew21 all have great voices, and it was really nice matching a 'person' to the posts here. Stew21 - your voice is lovely, really sing-song and friendly.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I just listened to Trish's interview. Great job to both the interviewer and the interviewee.

I want to put something straight...two things, I guess...#1 is that the novel we've been writing together feels much like a mentoring/learning experience to ME (she was asked if it was the other way around...but she's miles above me). I feel like I'm way behind on the journey. Trish is incredible. I've learned so much writing with her. #2...yes, it is all my fault that the novel is on hold. I apologize for that, Trish.

Great interview.

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
Follow-up question for Haggis:

What does an enema taste like, anyway?
Better than haggis!:e2faint:

And, my Elf Queen, you don't need to apologize. Teachers, judges, telemarketers, doctors, you get the idea, all have messed it up... for some reason my name is just easy to misspell. It's "Barber" but with an "S". Seems so simple, but who knew, right?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
No apron wringing, Trish. You were wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.