Wow, lotsa stickies...

Aozi

Registered
Reaction score
...I spent most of the past week reading through all of them because I was bored and curious and somewhat terrified I might miss some hugely important piece of advice for newbies to this board. I was right on that last bit. :D I'm not here looking for ways to get published though it's a very, very distant goal. I'm here looking for help with polishing up my writing, English being my second language and all.

My favorite forums so far are:
Basic Writing Questions,
Grammer for Grasshoppers,
Comic Books and Graphic Novels,
the Sandbox.

So, hi! :D

Aozi

Registered
Reaction score
:D You guys are really welcoming. I'm not used to so many friendly greetings in such a short time.

jdkip

I write and I am
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jdkip.com
:D You guys are really welcoming. I'm not used to so many friendly greetings in such a short time.

I know. It's a bad habit. We writers like to... How should I say this? Hmmm. Well we like to write -- a lot. :) And newbies give us a good reason to put a few quick words down.

And AW is really a friendly place to be.

Enjoy, but it is addictive.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Aozi and welcome to the watercooler
Emotewelcome.gif

Have you stopped by the Newbie Question of the Day thread? If you haven't then you must (oh yes you must, it's a rule. Well think it's a rule. If it isn't it sure should be) pop in and take a go at answering some of the really easy questions (the link is my sig line below, and the questions really are as easy as they come
biggrin.gif
)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What, we're supposed to read the stickies? Why wasn't I informed, dammit! Anyway, always nice to see new faces. Welcome to you.

Maryn, who read the subject line as "lotsa sickies" and figured she'd be mentioned

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Reading all the sticky notes in the forum, will endear you to both the mods and the regular peeps around here. They are stickied for a reason. ;)

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Aozi!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

Denton

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Aozi, and welcome.

I like interesting place names, so, If you like, tell us something interesting about Puget Sound. :D

etali

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome :)

I hope you enjoy your time here, I'm new too, but I'm learning a lot, and enjoying reading all the boards. I haven't ventured into the Grammar one yet, but I plan to soon. There are a lot of things I seemed to escape at school, despite getting As in my English exams, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

Aozi

Registered
Reaction score
I'm very sorry for how late this is.

jdkip -- Thank you. It is addictive. I've been at my work for more than 2 years yet I've never asked for internet access. Now I've asked the company owner just to get a 10 min access every day. @_@

smoothseas -- :D Thank you very much for the welcome.

jvc -- Yep, I've been to the Newbie Question of the Day. I'm still trying to get my computer to let me post. I have a very old computer and it won't let me do certain things at certain times. Thanks for the welcome.

Maryn
Lotsa sickies? *grins* Why would you be mentioned?

Beach Bunny
*nods* I figured that after being on several boards. I made so many mistakes those first times that now it's habit.

vixey
Thank you for the welcome!

regdog
*laughs* Thank you!

Susie
I haven't been to the Office area yet but I'm trying. Thanks. :D

kct webber & Mandy-Jane
Thank you!

Darzian
One of my favorite anime is the Gundam Wing series! I like Heero's character but Duo's gundam especially the Custom Deathscythe Hell. Which gundam is that in your avatar?

Denton
Thank you so much for your welcome! Well, I don't honestly know much about Seattle and the Puget Sound area other than I love it here. Ever since immigrating to the US and landing in Seattle, I never want to leave. I've visited my birth country and other cities around the US but Seattle is home. It's very beautiful here.

etali
Thank you for the welcome! At least you got an A! I couldn't even do that despite working really hard. I'm not worried about it though I was a bit sad about the B. I was just not ready for the tests.