today I feel like a real writer...brag

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisebertacchi.wordpress.com
Hey all! Just a word of encouragement to everyone out there... I was feeling bummed out by the bad economy the radio keeps talking about, the presents I haven't bought yet and can't really afford, the easy money that dried up at Demand Studios...

Things can turn around on a dime.

A query came back today, out of the blue. I'd sent it off this summer. They're interested now. And I finally sold my Metro Editor at the paper a story with a real live BYLINE so I can add something to my clips (stringers don't get credit for briefs) and I got another hot lead from my stringing that no one else in the local media has talked about! Whew-hoo!

Today I've fired off three queries on this local kid who will be spending the next semester as a Senate Page. He's freakin' brilliant, photogenic and a minority. I don't think anyone of the editors I emailed today could resist him! Maw-ha-ha (insert evil laugh here).

Plus my eHow account is up to a whole dollar. At this rate, they have to pay me in three months or so, when I finally break the $10 mark! (It’s my little experiment on residual income.)
Good luck out there and Merry Christmas!

etali

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope things keep going well for you!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
eHow is all about the luck. I have one article that has generated MOST of my residual income for over a year now. I make about $30 a month, give or take.

oh, and.... CONGRATS!!!!!