• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Bleak House Books

MarylandBird

I recently finished my mystery novel and am looking for a publisher (I don't want to get an agent first if I don't have to). Does anybody know anything about Bleak House Books?

Thank you. Keep up the good work on the site!

tothnews2

I've had one novel published by Bleak House Books, with another to come this summer. Having recently acquired a major distributor, Bleak House Books has much to offer. I have nothing but positive things to say about the staff both on the personal and professional levels.

Paul A. Toth
http://www.netpt.tv

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Bleak House offers advances in the low four figures. The contract I've seen was decent. They're distributed by National Book Network as well as the usual wholesalers, and their books are reviewed in industry venues such as Library Journal and Booklist--all of which indicates that they're marketing to the book trade, and taking real steps to get their authors bookstore and library placement. All encouraging signs!

- Victoria

MarylandBird

tothnews2 said:
I've had one novel published by Bleak House Books, with another to come this summer. Having recently acquired a major distributor, Bleak House Books has much to offer. I have nothing but positive things to say about the staff both on the personal and professional levels.

I visited the site. Is your book a mystery? Do they do more than mysteries? I heard about them from a friend who saw one of the editors at a writing conference in Florida (SLeuthfest?).

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Benjamin LeRoy (founder, publisher) and Alison Janssen (editor) have left Bleak House Books to start a new a new house, Tyrus Books. As Bleak House continues without them, I'll start a new thread for Tyrus.