Before I call for a repair, does anyone here know anything about garage doors?

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know anything about garage door openers, but kicking Rob, then hitting him with a hammer seems like a good idea to me.

*running and ducking*

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue I had once. Try greasing the wheels of your door. I don't know if you have cold weather, but if the wheels are a little sticky/rusty, perhaps greasing it might help. A little tension from the wheels not turning could cause the safety machinery to think it's hit something and retract.

If the door retracts, see where the door stops. Maybe the track got hit or nudged and became misaligned. When the wheels hit that spot, there's tension, and again the door thinks it's hit something. Maybe an adjustment of that track could fix it.

Robeaie had the same problem I did too. The beam nut loosened and that was a problem too.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you get it fixed very soon, Perks. Don't have any advice for you, unfortunately, but here's :Cake: to help you in the meantime. :D

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Try greasing the wheels of your door.

Important note: grease the wheels, not the track. If your track wasn't greased when it was installed, it's not supposed to be greased.

When I was out at sea once, a helpful neighbor greased our track when my wife had a garage door problem. We tried to clean off the grease many times, but we could never remove all of it. So leaves, etc. got stuck onto the track for years.

Don't grease the track!

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Had an issue many years ago when we had to increase the force (tension?) on the opener. A few years ago, had to replace the whole unit.

Just before Thanksgiving, one of our torsion springs broke. That was fun...
And yes, I knew enough to call and have a professional out for that part.

And then back out that evening after they screwed it up from earlier in the day... :)