• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Editing] The Pen Cushion (Kerry Estevez)

mrs.trujillo18

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christytrujillo.com
I just wanted to share my experience with an editor and an agent.

The agent is Bob Diforio of the D4EO Agency. He is so wonderful and very responsive. I know for a fact he gives every query his full attention and is open to almost anything. Great guy. His email is [email protected]. He is not officially my agent yet but has still taken the time to talk with me and give me outstanding advice!

The editor is Kerry Estevez and she is a former Acquisitions Editor/Author Liaison for Medallion Press. Her associate, Janet, was the line editor for Medallion so they have loads of experience. The business is the Pen Cushion and here is the website: www.thepencushion.com. They have helped me immensely and I love them!! They are also having a $2.oo a page introductory offer right now, which is awesome!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I know in the sea of agents, editors, and publishers, it can be hard to tell the good fish from the bad fish. These are two of the excellent fish!

J

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

We try to keep to a one-agent-or-publisher-per-thread policy here. There arethreads on both Medallion Press and Bob DiForio--if you check the Index, you should be able to find them, and post the information there, where writers will be more likely to see it.

I'm going to close this thread and let it sink.

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The Pen Cushion's worth a thread, methinks.

An unfortunate number of typos for an editor's site.

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
Out of curiosity, did the agent recommend you to the editing service?

MojoJojo

Registered
Reaction score
Oops!

The Pen Cushion's worth a thread, methinks.

An unfortunate number of typos for an editor's site.

Hi there and thank you for the heads up on the site. I was getting the site launched in a hurry yesterday. In addition, I had a bad case of vertigo. Again, thank you. I will go and make the necessary corrections.

Kerry

mrs.trujillo18

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christytrujillo.com
Hi there! J

No, the agent did not refer me to the editor. The agent was a referral from a friend and I found Bob the good old fashion query way! ;) Sorry for the dup posts, I will search for Bob’s thread so I can say wonderful things about him there!

Is there a thread for HarperCollins? I submitted my manuscript to them and I am wondering what the turn around time is there..

Out of curiosity, did the agent recommend you to the editing service?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
An editing service should provide names and brief bios for all its staff (which the Pen Cushion doesn't). You really don't want to work with an editor unless you're sure s/he has professional editing or publishing experience--and without specific information about the editor's credentials, you have no way to tell.

- Victoria

MojoJojo

Registered
Reaction score
An editing service should provide names and brief bios for all its staff (which the Pen Cushion doesn't). You really don't want to work with an editor unless you're sure s/he has professional editing or publishing experience--and without specific information about the editor's credentials, you have no way to tell.

- Victoria

Victoria, you're right. I will go in and make the changes. I appreciate the feedback. We will make the changes. I am new to this site and find it to be very helpful. Thanks again :)

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
Don't take this the wrong way, but you ought to go ahead and spend a few bucks on a web designer. A crisp, clean website would go along way in spelling professionalism.

MojoJojo

Registered
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but you ought to go ahead and spend a few bucks on a web designer. A crisp, clean website would go along way in spelling professionalism.

No offense taken :)

This is certainly a learning experience! Thank you all for your suggestions :) We're just starting out, so we're taking it all in. I think I do need to put our credentials out there.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Domain is now a pen store. Not finding further mention of the principals.