Greetings all!

Jawahara

Registered
Reaction score
Hi:

My name is Jawahara and I just wanted to say hi. My first novel, The Burden of Foreknowledge, was published in January 2007 but I was not very happy with my agent though I really liked her. I'm the poster-child for jumping with joy about the first agent who called me and signing up. Fast-forward to the end of 2008 and I am on the hunt for a new agent...again. It's been frustrating. I've had requests for 3 complete reads (2 rejections have already come in), 5 partials (4 rejections), and many no responses at all.

I've lurked on here for a while and thought I'd introduce myself. I blog at jawahara.blogspot.com.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Jawahara! Good luck on your new agent search.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

If you put your blog as a link in your signature area (go to User CP link at top - when your user panel pops up - look to left and see links there. One says edit your Signature, click that, a box will appear for you to put quotes or whatever in, copy and paste http://jawahara.blogspot.com/ in that area, save changes with button at bottom that says save) your blog will appear in ALL your posts and more will see and visit it.

I mean if you wanna.

Christine

Last edited:

Clio

In the mind warp pavilion
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Jawahara - the title of your novel is very attractive! Good luck on finding a new agent worthy of you. :welcome:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hi:

My name is Jawahara and I just wanted to say hi. My first novel, The Burden of Foreknowledge, was published in January 2007 but I was not very happy with my agent though I really liked her. I'm the poster-child for jumping with joy about the first agent who called me and signing up. Fast-forward to the end of 2008 and I am on the hunt for a new agent...again. It's been frustrating. I've had requests for 3 complete reads (2 rejections have already come in), 5 partials (4 rejections), and many no responses at all.

I've lurked on here for a while and thought I'd introduce myself. I blog at jawahara.blogspot.com.
Hello and greetings and a big welcome to the watercooler Jawahara :welcome:

I for one am glad you have delurked and have posted a welcome. One good thing from your experience, although you might not see it as that :) , is that other peeps who are searching for agents can use this and adjust their plans accordingly. This site is a wonderful tool for all writers learning their craft and for established writers to give advice. If we post our experiences, whether good or bad, then there is someone else that can learn from them and perhaps learn from our own mistakes.

Oh and come and check out the Newbie Question of the day thread (the link is in the sig line below) and join in the fun :D