A work rant

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
True. It's been a long time but I can probably still deal with the great unwashed (bastards to a man). What gets up my arse is not being paid the same as 'real' frontline staff.

You could always pull a pile of books down on yourself and get hurt...

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Do you have to take this lying down?

Yep. It's a 'management directive'. The only plus side is they have to tread very carefully. If I do end up doing the same work as the frontline staff, the management will be in deep shit if they don't pay me the same.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
What a way to go. Buried alive under the local studies section.

Don't KILL yourself, dumbass. Just enough pain to warrant a disability claim. :D

(Disclaimer: No I really don't condone such things, but sometimes douchebaggery must be fought with douchebaggery...)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I could drop a few big books on my foot. Those Stamps of the World volume are some big ass books. :D

Reaction score
Read the books. That'd have more of an effect. You'd be a slavering basket-case for months and mentals get loads of £££ in disability.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Just grab the whole Twilight series and drop the stack on your foot. Should put you out of commission (on their dime) for a while. :D

I'd use them if we could keep them in the building for longer than a minute. Damn those thirteen year old girls and their love for an oh so dreamy vampire.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'd use them if we could keep them in the building for longer than a minute. Damn those thirteen year old girls and their love for an oh so dreamy vampire.

Well, next time someone goes to check one out...

Grab the book.
Scream "NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! EDWARD IS MINE! EDWARD, I'LL PROVE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!"
Start slamming the book on your hand repeatedly.
Collect disability, etc., and be sternly instructed never to be within 10 feet of a customer again. Ever.