• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mythica Publishing, Ltd.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
I recently learned about Mythica Publishing, and couldn't find another thread about this. Here's their mission statement.

Mythica Publishing Limited has been set up to provide the very best fiction. While the mainstream publishing industry languishes, due to the pursuit of best sellers, the rest of us know where the best books come from these days. Independent publishers and small presses are where new and exciting authors are finding their feet, and shaking up the industry.

As a small publisher, Mythica Publishing is not encumbered by the massive overheads that throttle larger publishers. Because of this we are able to publish the stuff that deserves to be published, not just the stuff that’s profitable. Please help us and our authors by purchasing our books or joining our community, so that we can in turn continue to put out compelling fiction and fascinating non-fiction.

There is no particular genre that we love more than the others, and as such we give everything a fair chance. We also like to see books that laugh in the face of categorisation! Quality and originality are also of paramount importance to us.

I especially like the part about laughing in the face of categorization! Yes, bookstore clerks would laugh too as they try to figure out where to shelve these books... but fortunately for them, Mythica is "definitely" an ebook publisher.

Unfortunately, most of their website is still in the construction stage and is blank.

Here is a section where we features certain books.

For me, nuff said.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Me, I'd be wary about a publisher that isn't really genre specific. From the looks of things around here publishers focus on one genre, and if the company decides to invest in another genre that's where the imprints come in. There's probably a good reason for it too.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Report: they've slightly changed the wording of their About page without making it any less dumb. It's still effectively an announcement that all they know about the publishing industry are the myths unsuccessful authors tell each other.

You'd think that after all this time, they'd at minimum have picked up a new set of writers' urban legends.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
You'd think that Mythica would be too busy admiring her shiny three-book deal with HarperCollins to set up a publisher ... :tongue

(I jest - there's no relation, I'm sure.)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone, no further sign of 'em.