The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] I Wanna Read More / Readersnook.com

[Publisher] I Wanna Read More / Readersnook.com

Iwannareadmore.com

They used to be readersnook.com (if I remember correctly.)

I sent them a piece of fiction, they accepted, but I got cold feet and withdrew.

Anyone ever deal with them?
    The Secret Government EGGO Project What They don't want you to know about breakfast pastries.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- Douglas Adams

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Good call. They had something of mine for a while too, but then they changed their guidlines and pricing about 15 times, so I said skrew it and got out. The site has changed hands 3 times in the last month, and they're all scrapping and bickering with each other, its not pretty. (I still had the author's only message board password for a while and entertained myself reading it. ) Last I saw they were asking all the authors to pitch in for the site fees so they could keep it going.

Not an outright scam, but it is a charity case and very bad news none the less.

Well, I'm sorry that you were involved with them, but I must say I'm really glad I followed my gut instinct and let them pass. Thank you for your post.
    The Secret Government EGGO Project What They don't want you to know about breakfast pastries.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- Douglas Adams

authorman

Smile authorman

The site, iwannareadmore.com, is now doing great. They get over 1000 hits per day. It is one of the best places on the web to post a new e-book.

Sometimes you just have to stay the course!

A-man

"Sephiroth is my bishie!" CaitlinK18's Avatar
    Authorman, are you affiliated with the site?

If so, I have a few questions:

-What rights does Iwannareadmore take for publication?
    -Are your royalties on the net or cover price?
    -What types of promotion does the site provide for author's work?
    -Right on the main page, it mentions "donations of time and money". Reputable e-book publishers I've had contact with (Ellora's Cave, Liquid Silver, Wild Child) do not ask for such "donations." Basically what I'm asking is, if the site is doing as well as you say, why the need for donated time and money from the general public/authors?

It just comes off as a little fishy, that's all.

Thanks for the answers, if you have any.

-Caitlin, seeker of the knowledge
    I write books. I like pie.

www.caitlinkittredge.com

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Hits are lovely, but tell us how many stories you're SELLING on a daily basis, and what kind of revenue the site is generating for the authors....

To answer that question, Authorman will turn up to say that no he isn't affiliated with the site it's just BRILLIANT!!!!!!!1! and we'll all know full well it's cobblers.

Randomly, a thousand hits is extremely poor. It's poor to the extent that nobody outside the site would be even looking at it. Even a thousand visits would be pretty lame for a site selling episodic content, because by its definition, it requires a mass of turn-over. Given that the average blog can get a couple of hundred pretty easily without even trying...
    Last edited by Richard; 07-06-2005 at 01:24 AM.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I guess no one wanted to read more: site dead before Oct 2005.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Just a note that http://readersnook.com/home.html is now a UK bookstore.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: