How to download the "winner" badge?

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
This really shows me for the low-tech person I am--but how do I download my NaNo winner badge using a Mac? I get that you click and drag--but to where?
I can't get it to my desktop, since it's all covered up with the NaNo site.

Help!

Inkspill

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a new Mac user, so I had to figure that out, too, haha!

There should be a bunch of icons below your internet screen--usually iTunes and the like. You can drag the picture to that bar (icons will shift automatically to allow you to do this) or you can hover over one of the icons closest to the recycle bin. It will say "Downloads". This is your temporary downloads file. You can drag it there, too--and from there, if you want, you can open up Pictures and move the Winner icon from Downloads to Pictures.

If you want to use it as your avatar on AW, when you go to change your avatar, select Browse and then on the left side you can select the category "Downloads". Or if you've moved it to Pictures, go there.

Good luck, and congrats on winning NaNo!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have a two-button mouse? Right click on the image and click on "save image as..." It'll give you the option to save the file where you want and change the file name, if necessary.

For a single button mouse, click and hold the button down on the image. Select "save image as..." when the option menu pops up.