Worst/most bizarre/useless/tacky "White Elephant" gifts...

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What is it?

What is the worst one you've gotten- seasonal or non. What's the worst?

Let's see, on a personal level, there was the Xmas (the last one where I exchanged gifts with my family) where my folks got: Sister #1 got a new stereo and assorted other things; Sister #2 got a diamond & pearl ring and assorted other things; Sister #3 got a designer outfit and assorted other things; I got 3 pkgs of underwear, 2 bras & 4 pairs of pantyhose--ALL in the wrong size.

Then there was last year's gift exchange at the office where the gift I drew was the box to an $80 pearl necklace & earrings set. Not the actual jewelry, mind you, just the box they came in. I know the price and contents because the stupid biotch didn't bother to remove any of the labels from the box.

They were both terribly insulting (though one was a general insult, the other was aimed) and I'm rather torn which was the worst pressie ever.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably the electric can opener my parents gave me one year. I was single, had nobody special in my life at the time, nothing under my Christmas tree and that's the gift they gave me.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
Merge!

And, coincidently, just after I posted this copy thread my wife sends me a picture of the gift her sister sent for christmas. A pair of scuffed up, used shoes (several sizes too large for my wife, and a style she does not like). AND, the video game we bought for her last year.

Still in unopened. Mind you.

Tigercub

Registered
Reaction score
As my and my (now ex)'s anniversary came along one year, I gave him my present and asked if we were doing anything special. He said, "uh, yeah, I guess we can go out for pizza or something." We went out for pizza and stopped in at the local book store on the way back. When we got home, he handed me a paper bag and said, "Here." "What is it?" "Your anniversary present." I opened the bag, and in it was a book on Abbot and Costello.

No, I'm not a particular fan of Abbot and Costello, and to this day I wonder if he just walked down an aisle with his eyes closed and picked the first thing his hands came across, or if he took some time to pick out something inappropriate for an anniversary gift.

The topper, though, was a Christmas gift he gave me. It was a little gold-tone necklace with my first initial in little pieces of glass that were (I guess) supposed to be diamonds. It was a premium you could get at the grocery store for $1.98 plus x amounts in grocery receipts. I know that because he included the receipt for the necklace. But this is the kicker. He also put the other receipt in the package. The one for the other necklace he got. The one with his girlfriend's initial.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But this is the kicker. He also put the other receipt in the package. The one for the other necklace he got. The one with his girlfriend's initial.

angry019.gif