Cajun Turducken

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
A chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, with stuffing layered between.

Misterwrites has his heart set on one for Christmas with his family. Anyone had one? Can you tell me the best place to order from, or offer any advice?

Thanks!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I don't eat things with "turd" in the title.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
I have no places to recommend, but I've eaten turducken (or, as it is also known, the "chucky") and I have to admit, it's delicious.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
E-mailed a writing buddy who lives in New Orleans, and she went above and beyond with suggestions for ordering. If anyone wants me to pass along the details, let me know!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like all my farm animals in one bite.

My husband had a hamburger with eggs and bacon and cheese. He asked me if I'd like a bite. I said no I don't care for all my barnyard animals in one bun. After he got mad at me cause I grossed him out we laughed about it for hours.

So, eew! Don't eat that. Gross.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I heard that folks are now stuffing the turduckens into a pig and roasting the whole thing on a spit.

What's next, stuff that into a halibut, the halibut into a cow and roast it all together?

We've come a long way from 'Put the lime in the coconut and mix it all together', haven't we?

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Dang it, ya beat me to it, Eryl. I was just thinking maybe we could stuff the cow into an elephant, and then stick that into a blue whale, and roast the whole thing over a volcano.

Of course, we'd need a supertanker of margaritas to wash it all down with. . .

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
Dang it, ya beat me to it, Eryl. I was just thinking maybe we could stuff the cow into an elephant, and then stick that into a blue whale, and roast the whole thing over a volcano.

Of course, we'd need a supertanker of margaritas to wash it all down with. . .

Now you're talking, pal. I'll bring the chainsaw and the beer; you'll bring the salad. All AW is invited.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Certainly the whole thing should be coated with a thick layer of manteca soaked masa before deef frying. The biggest tamale ever.

Manteca, for those not from Texas, is lard. It's what makes Mexican food taste so good. That, and all the bacon grease. Yummy.