strange

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score
This is very entertaining stuff. I see a book...;)

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks dpaterso for being so understanding.
padma

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I hope no one took my post as a dig. It was an honest explanation of the purpose and usage of feedback and the you is a general you. I hope every writer will pay attention to that because feedback is invaluable and can help you really jump your learning curve if you're paying attention and applying it not just to that piece but future pieces. It's one of the most valuable things I've learned on this board was how to accept and apply feedback.

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think anyone did, Icerose. Mine wasn't very nice so I'm sorry Ace. Rise above my idiocy and prove your worth with those nasty corporates. :)

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Ace, let's get back to the core issue of your original post. Best of luck with your distribution conversations--I hope those work out for you.

Before you try to crack the US market, please read some of the books about how that market works. The Complete Independent Movie Marketing Handbook by Mark Steven Bosko might be a good place to start. You can order it from Amazon.com if a local store can't get it for you.

You're not going to be able to make headway in the US market using the tactics from your market any more than an independent filmmaker in the US could get his movies distributed in India using the same tactics we use over here. Different markets require different approaches.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta echo that. Hollywood is the filmmaking capital of the world, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, and it has its own rules. Not following them will get you nowhere. Following them will also get you nowhere as well, but if one is serious and at least moves to Los Angeles, the weather will be nice.

Ace, good luck with your submissions. May you find wealth, happiness, and contentment...and a 20 picture deal.

bison

Registered
Reaction score
Man, Pat, you sure took the wind out of this thread! Zoooooooom...
No more pulling the wings off the butterfly.
Anyone must admit, the whole thing is a bit, well...strange, no?