Lets give Chris Baty a Happy Thanksgiving

Lavinia

Registered
Reaction score
If you haven't donated already to NaNoWriMo, why not do it today. In order to pay off the bills for 2008, Chris has to reach his goal of donations from 10% of the people who visit the site.

Thanksgiving is about being thankful. And I know we're all thankful for the inspiration we get from participating, and from frequenting the many forums at the NaNo site.

You can donate as little as $10. In the place for comments, might I suggest; "Happy Thanksgiving" and something about being an AW member. Share the love, you know. And while you're at it, why not donate to our beloved Absolute Write too?

Oh, and if you're not from the U.S., just join us anyway. Though Thanksgiving is a U.S. holiday, being thankful is universal.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! ~Karen

GeorgieB

Almost a wannabe writer
Registered
Reaction score
I second the motion--get your NaNo halo and your name added to the benefactor list here at AW. These are my two-most visited sites and I dearly love them both.

Please contribute to both.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, Karen. I'll see what my paycheque looks like tomorrow morning. I'm really stretched this month, but if I can, I will do.

And while you're at it, if you do have the money, this site also needs supporters. :)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Dama! I'm definitely going to try the Goodsearch thing.

Maybe next year, I'll try a sponsorship sort of deal, too, since a lot of the people at work seem fascinated by what I'm doing. :)

JustJess

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a t-shirt and donated but opted not to be named on the list of contributors, which in retrospect was stupid because that meant no halo. Dang it.

Lavinia

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I bought the t-shirt too. I LOVE it. You know on the site it says it will shrink a whole size, so last year I bought a size bigger than I normally wear. And it's a nightgown, no kidding! Oh well. This year, I ordered my size and when it shrunk, it fit perfectly. Go figure. I love the new look, especially the back where it says "nanowrimo" on the top and then a big "10" for the tenth anniversary edition. Sort of looks like number ten is my favorite player on my favorite team...which, by the way is true. Hey, writing is a sport, right? I vote yes...LOL. ~Karen