Will everyone hate me if???

Reaction score
What was that sacrifice thread like, Bubastes?

"I had to lock my children in a cupboard for a month to get 4,284 words done"?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
My "sacrifice" -- I went to my condo in Bass Lake, a hop-skip-and-jump from Yosemite National Park for a week's worth of nature, nurture, and nano.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
There were some people who said they didn't have to sacrifice much because they simply got rid of time-wasters like TV, but others said they sacrificed a lot of sleep, health, time with family and friends, that sort of thing. I prefer a healthier, more sustainable approach to writing. Wasn't it Stephen King who said, "Art supports life, not the other way around" or something like that?

Last edited:

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't hate you guys I just wondered if you could pop in to mine ...

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My thread! I'm home. I too am more productive the more I have to do. Give me a scheduless day and I become a total slacker.

My month has been jam packed and even if I don't hit my NaNo mark of 50K, I'm pleased with this story (and the multiple short stories that hit my brain so I had to stop and outline them during NaNo). I'll finish the book in December and polish it up to send out (by March I hope. May at the latest.)

Molfitz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janmolnarfitzgerald.com
No More Excuses

I, too, have learned I can do it. It's about commitment. I'll make no more excuses for not having time to write. A half an hour here, a half an hour there, between all the other tasks and duties I have on my list, is all it takes. I'm more impressed with my having learned that, than I am with the novel I've nearly written, although I'm breasting up over that too.

I'm nearing the hour of another important scheduled task: Happy hour with my husband. So I must put away my writing for today, to enjoy another of life's joys.

Yeshanu touches upon an important point. It's not about time; it's about giving to yourself--Allowing yourself the enjoyment of writing.

Break time!

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
My "sacrifice" -- I went to my condo in Bass Lake, a hop-skip-and-jump from Yosemite National Park for a week's worth of nature, nurture, and nano.

As a pick-up line, that, um...

works. Really well.

And I'm ghey, as sp would say.

One day, I'm going to get out to visit your neck of the woods (and all the other wonderful natural places in North America.)

And yeah, Molfitz, I guess that one of the things I've learned this month about my excuses for not writing is that they were just that. Excuses, not reasons.

No more excuses! :)

ETA: One of the most wonderful things about this NaNo, believe it or not, was being inspired by all of you. I'm really especially inspired by Shady Lane. I did a little research yesterday, and I think that this forty eight year old has some catching up to do in order to match the output of a seventeen year old. But I'm going to do it, because I know now that I can. ;)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't sacrifice anything at all to beat NaNo. I was starting to feel like a freak :D Heck, I didn't even sacrifice any of my time-wasters. Life went on just as normal, if it weren't for AW and the NaNo forums, November might've almost passed without anything special :)

Thanks all for making novel writing so damn fun and special!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Ready for some word wars? I'll be up for one in fifteen minutes, as soon as I've finished my breakfast.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Ready for some word wars? I'll be up for one in fifteen minutes, as soon as I've finished my breakfast.

Yeah I might be able to do that. We'll see how long I can stay away from making dinner. Heh.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm in for 9:30 pst (7 minutes). I need to find a place to escape. The family's about to watch the thanksgiving parade.