Reach out and thank someone...

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Esppecially because this wonderful appreciation thread -- thank you so much for it, Yeshanu! -- is stuffed away in some esoteric subforum I personally never visit and had no idea it was there.

Thanks a lot! The guy is a hero of our time.

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I would like to thank you guys. Sure, my husband has been supportive in his own way (not grumbled about the state of the place, accepting fast food without rolling his eyes, not commenting on the lack of ironed shirts type-of-thing) and my non-writing friends have shown a polite interest in my progress.

But one of the most useful things that kept me going when I felt like giving up has been 'treating' myself to some online time here. You made me laugh and think along the way... even though sometimes I had no clue what was going on with all that cat stuff and the cute guys - anyway thanks everyone!

BTW If I could get my widget thingy to work it would read 48442 words, and I'm thinking tomorrow is gonna be the Big Day (does little shimmy in seat in anticipation...)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Go, Rose, go!

(And if you want your widget to work, edit your sig line to take out the final quotation marks after the .png :D)

Reaction score
I can honestly say, of all the 'how to write' books I've read, No Plot? No Problem! is the one that's done most for my productivity. Others have helped with style, but this is the one that's got me writing.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I've already dropped by to show my appreciation :)

Since I didn't really tell many people I was doing NaNo, I got virtually no support (other than AW, of course) this year.

What really surprised me was the support I got from my bf. He doesn't really care for fiction writing (only reads nonfiction), and yet every now and then asked about my progress and rooted me on :) And, on Sunday, when I told him I couldn't finish the novel, he told me he wouldn't speak to me until I wrote the only scene I was missing. What really touched me was that we'd just spent a week without being able to talk to each other, and he'd been missing me a lot, yet he postponed our catching up until I could finish my NaNo. I'm excessively grateful for that, I don't think I'll ever be able to thank him enough.

Even though he was the only one IRL who supported my NaNo, it was more than enough :)

Molfitz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janmolnarfitzgerald.com
Thanks, Chris.

I'm a first timer, and I doubted I would get as far as I have (44,008 wds). The pep-talks gave me needed nudges at every stop.

Thanks you, Bright Shadow Sky, ML for Oregon Coast for the pep-talks, too.

Thanks,Absolutewrite.

And I thank myself for finally allowing myself.

Go NaNoWriMo.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Well I didnt know who Chris Batty was before. This is a tremendous idea-- and so simple. Is anyone thinking of doing the scripting thing? Script Frenzy in the summer? I don't know how to write a script. This could be an interesting way to learn.

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in Script Frenzy. I don't know how to write one either, but I read scripts of my favourite films, and I really admire the style. Might swot up before April.

...and I didn't say it before but I'm also hugely grateful to Chris Baty.