Primerica

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I've investigated them a few times, because "friends" keep asking me if I want to join the team.

Here's what I've determined:

1) Their products are legitimate.

2) Their products are over priced, compared to similar products on the market.

3) Their business model is, as far as I am concerned, not the best. They don't advertise the product. What you as the salesperson are expected to do is call on all your family and friends and sort-of-friends and acquaintances and sort-of-enemies, etc., and ask them if they're interested in a 'business proposition.' Note that you're not asking them to buy the product! The stats are apparently that 1 or 2 out of ten will respond by becoming associates, and four out of ten will respond by becoming customers.

IMO, it's a classic 'bait and switch' tactic. Note also that associates are almost always customers as well. You earn money from your sales, and from the sales of the people you bring in to the business, and from the sales of the people your people bring into the business. It's not illegal, in that there is a legitimate product to sell, but to me, it's still a classic pyramid business.

In order to make it work for the long term, you need to be very outgoing. You need to have a lot of friends, and they have to be friends who have friends. And you have to keep making friends, because your friends are your customers.

One person I know started in the business a year or so ago. She and I were talking for a few months about me joining her. She was a real go-getter, and in her first three months in the business, pulled in five grand a month.

I haven't heard from her, even by email, for the last couple of months, and I'm betting she ran out of friends or energy, and is out of the business.

Personally, I feel there are better ways to earn a living than by selling your friends over-priced products they may not want or need. But that's just my opinion. If you Google Primerica, you'll get a range of opinions.

ETA: What I have heard that's positive is that if you're thinking of going in to the insurance business, at least in Canada, it's probably the cheapest way to get your license, and apparently their course isn't bad.

Last edited:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All money is filtered up the pyramid. The only people getting rich are the people at the top of it. You have to wait for other people to drop off the top of the list so you can make any kind of money to live off of and that can take in upwards of 15 to 20 years. Ask the people who are at the top how many years they've been at this. And it's also why they are so into hyping people up who are at the bottom of the list, it makes them richer. Eventually the bottom people who don't see profit go away. It's a full time job getting people under you, on top of your already full time job. I met people who were in it 6 years and still were working their jobs. Most people go into debt and drop out before they see anything. They woo you with numbers but don't warn you about what it takes to see that kind of money.

It's a joke unless you're at the top of the list. The conventions are designed to keep you "in" despite the lack of income you're making by showing you people who have made it. But, again, they've put in some years and have worked hard at recruiting others below them.

If you're willing to put in those kind of hours and money then you'd be the one for this type of company. You just have to decide. You can make the big bucks.