Comic Book Creation Resources, Lists & More

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Other resources, lists and more about comic book creation can be found here. If you have something you'd like to add, please PM moderator Jason.

MISCELLANEOUS
The 100 Greatest American Comic Book Artists: http://www.acomics.com/best.htm

Grigoris

fifth level cleric
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Graphicly just launched a blog for digital comics creation that is designed for creators to share advice and experience on being successful with digital comics. The initial posts look promising (including one from Mike Jasper of In Maps & Legends).

Graphicly Resources

Jason Brubaker, creator of reMIND, just moved all his making comic posts and information to a new blog, call Making Comics. Other creators will be sharing advice as well. The resources page on this site are a wealth of information for digital and print. Not all comic creation posts from the reMINDblog have been moved over yet, so its worth checking out older posts on the former blog as well.

Making Comics

reMINDblog

Grigoris

fifth level cleric
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I maintain a list of digital comic distribution platforms that has info on each one, such as creator percentages of sales. The medium is constantly developing and this list includes information for creators on everything from Comixology to Scribd to Tapastic and more. The site has other resources for comic creators as well and I recently updated the list:
The List of Digital Comic Distribution Platforms.

If you find one I'm missing, please let me know.

Kevin_C_Vang

Banned
Reaction score
Clip Studio is one of the finest Manga and Comic Book programs to design your own book. I use it a lot since its design is perfectly great for digital art.

Justin.

Registered
Reaction score
Clip Studio is one of the finest Manga and Comic Book programs to design your own book. I use it a lot since its design is perfectly great for digital art.
It works well with photoshop also. I mean it has great functionality with other digital mediums, like photoshop. My son is trying to be a manga artist and this program works great for manga and comics.

jjosuminded

Registered
Reaction score
Found this site/blog which has excellent resources for comic book writers/artists. From character building, crowd funding, editing, marketing, panel layout. I found it very helpful.

Comic Book Resources
So cool! thanks! I love seeing posts about this genre, there are some very deep stories coming from manga and I've always wondered what novel writers think of it, or what writers in other genres perceived as more formal or traditional.