Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
New question!

What is one food or beverage that, assuming all is well and aside obvious necessities like water, you don't ever go without?

Chocolate, no doubt. :greenie

Kaylene

Registered
Reaction score
I saw that someone else answered all these questions so, yeah, I'm gonna do that, too.

The current question: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?
I have had many pets, but I haven't had a pet of my own since I had to get rid of my last dog, 7 years ago. I now help to take care of my sister's dog. I spoil her.

Other Questions have been:
You can visit any fictional realm you want, but... you're going to be stuck there for 24 hrs. No getting out. Where would you go?
Hogwarts. Every day.

How are you celebrating New Year?
Hopefully with my boyfriend in his house. Quietly.

What is your favourite Christmas song?
Dominic the Donkey

When are you putting up your Christmas decorations?
Christmas Eve most likely.

Do you zip or button first?
Zip... Unless it's a corset....

Which shoe do you put on first, left or right?
Left. I think.

What is your favourite 80's cartoon?
Jetson's or Flinstones. It's a toss up

What was the last movie you watched?
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

What was the last book you read?
Pamela Clare's Slow Burn

The very first Question of the Day was: If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?
I think travel into space. I've seen what's in the deep ocean and I think I'd rather to deal with the aliens.

FortrixEnigma

Registered
Reaction score
New question!

What is one food or beverage that, assuming all is well and aside obvious necessities like water, you don't ever go without?

Brownies, not too cakey, not too fudgy but a nice middle ground between the two. Extra bonus points for having dark chocolate chunks in them. I'm pretty sure I could eat an entire pan of brownies a day if that weren't a colossally poor idea for my health.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New question!

I was going to answer "wine" but then you said "obvious necessities" which rules that out.

So.... cheese? Peanut butter? Pasta? Something along those lines?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Long Overdue, Long Anticipated(?), QOTW!

As someone has been falling down on the job, I am stepping in with the new QotW!

Yes, yes, you're all excited, I can tell.

In honor of certain US-based festivities, but acknowledging that this is an international community,

What is your "must have" feast/holiday food?

You know, that one item that, unless it's on the table, whatever holiday or event you are celebrating just doesn't feel properly celebrated?

For me, it's cranberry sauce. Not that I can't, and don't, make it at other times of the year, but dang it, the plate just doesn't seem complete without it, and I'm mostly likely to make it during the holidays.

Also peppermint candy canes, but those don't go on the table, per se.

:D

RenchiDoodle

Rum Runner
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antiquitysgate.com
As someone has been falling down on the job, I am stepping in with the new QotW!

What is your "must have" feast/holiday food?

I would have to say that my favorite part of any holiday meal is gravy. Is that strange? I adore gravy, on all the things. Okay, not on the candy canes. But everywhere else! If the gravy boat is looking a little empty and hasn't made its way to me yet, I start to get a little panicky.

BrittanyAstor

Registered
Reaction score
Not necessarily part of the 'feast', but my sister makes Gingerbread Men EVERY YEAR and it just doesn't feel like Christmas without them!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would have to say that my favorite part of any holiday meal is gravy. Is that strange?

Gravy is great.

Not necessarily part of the 'feast', but my sister makes Gingerbread Men EVERY YEAR and it just doesn't feel like Christmas without them!

I have seen a kit for making gingerbread ninjas, and I am seriously thinking of buying it.

kssmith626

Registered
Reaction score
Pumpkin pie all the way! (I'll accept pecan pie if pumpkin is unavailable)

silentwriter180

Registered
Reaction score
Definitely underwater. Working in the dive business, and unable to dive myself as an epileptic, I know from my customers that there's a wonderful underwater world down there. I always tell people that I dive vicariously through my customers, so I expect reports! lol

karrots

Registered
Reaction score
I have had a tarantula, tadpole/frogs, caterpillar/butterflies, hermit crabs, rabbits, rats, fish, dogs and a small horse. I also took care of goats, cats and birds...so now no pets. I’ve decided I love animals...in the wild and in a clean zoo, but not under my care. I also no longer do plants unless they are mostly self-sustaining.

Sencreeya

Registered
Reaction score
I have had many pets growing up.
About 7 Dogs through the years, the most dogs at once was 3. all different breeds and sizes.
A land turtle named slowpoke.
A parrot who pecked everyone.
Lots and lots of fair fish.
And a hamster.

David R

Registered
Reaction score
The New Year is a beautiful time to stay home. My wife and I go to Whole Foods and buy all the delicacies our little heart's desire. It is less expensive than going to a restaurant, and you have great food for days. Plus, no driving in the crazy times.

David R

Registered
Reaction score
I have never zipped first, not sure I could even manage it without the glide path created by the button.

- - - Updated - - -

Always the left shoe goes on first. I never thought about it until you asked though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja Turtles rocked the 80's

David R

Registered
Reaction score
Star Wars, but it was the least favorite of the series for me.

- - - Updated - - -

All These Worlds by Dennis Taylor, oops, forgot the E and I know he likes to have that in there.

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
Must have holiday food(assuming Christmas or thanksgiving here)
Ham or turkey (in order)
Also
Sweet potatoes
Or green bean casserole