Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
I don't decorate my house ever. However, I started listening to Christmas music in April. Is that considered as too early? LOL!

OrdinaryDreams

Listening to the Universe
Registered
Reaction score
Colorado Springs, CO, USA, Earth, Solar System
I don't decorate my house ever. However, I started listening to Christmas music in April. Is that considered as too early? LOL!
Nothing wrong with that, say I. However, I catch myself humming Christmas tunes off and on all year round (then scolding myself) so I'm probably not a good judge. ;)

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that, say I. However, I catch myself humming Christmas tunes off and on all year round (then scolding myself) so I'm probably not a good judge. ;)

I tend to sing (not hum) in the shower. LOL! I like some Christmas songs more than others (naturally). I do have my perennial favorites though. :)

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
I tend to sing (not hum) in the shower. LOL! I like some Christmas songs more than others (naturally). I do have my perennial favorites though. :)

I always sing in the shower too. And when I'm doing dishes. And listening to music. I feel so bad for my neighbours, when I'm home I pretty much never stop singing

Captivatedlife

Registered
Reaction score
My husband sings all the time. It drives me crazy. I carry conversations in my head though and create lists a mile long and that drives him crazy.

I guess we are even!

JJMac

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, this question is purrfect for me! I've only worked up the courage to introduce myself and then I find this post! I feel very much at home now.

I am very proud of my Crazy Cat Lady status.

I am a proud Mum of Eleven cats! Going from oldest to youngest they are:

Mojo;
Jazz;
Smudge;
Pixie;
Dixie;
Bandit;
Bobby;
Pooky;
Frankie;
Harley and Dougie are my two babies at 11 months old.

Sadly, my twelfth cat Oscar passed away at the beginning of the year. I miss him so much as he was only four years old

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
I always sing in the shower too. And when I'm doing dishes. And listening to music. I feel so bad for my neighbours, when I'm home I pretty much never stop singing

I think I'm worse. I try to sing (SCREECH) as loud and high as Mariah Carey. Imagine that? LOL!

ShakaBry

Registered
Reaction score
Hey JJMac! This is my very first post here too! Although technically I guess it's a reply? Maybe it's both. Unsure. Anyway, I would call you nuts for having 11 cats but my wife and I have 8 (plus one that we feed outside our condo and about a dozen or more ferals down the street). So flaunt it baby! I'm with you.

ShakaBry

Registered
Reaction score
Our 8 indoor cats:

Rocky - Totally my boy. He's bad but he loves me and gives me the kisses and head butts. Rocky used to sleep on my shoulder while I wrote, when he was a kitten. Freaken cray cray adorbs.

Dovey - She's a love dove. Has a messed up eye. We finally found out it's herpes and she is being treated for it. Was a medical mystery for about a year but getting better now.

Baby Grey - Has a slight heart murmur, diabetes, stank teeth, is a fatty, what else? He's a lovely, old snugglepus.

Emmie - She was my wife's first cat and still hanging around. She sleeps a lot and could take me or leave me. Kinda unbelievable she puts up with us with all these other personalities introduced into her life over the years.

Sashi - Sashi is cool. He can hang. When he's passed out sometimes, I pet his teeth and he tolerates it. He's weird. I'm not.

Sammy - Sammy is a bully to all the cats. He's white and thinks he's owns the place.

Mr. Daisy - When we originally got this one we thought he was a girl so we named her Daisy. Vet told us she had balls so we transitioned her to Mister.

Speedy - This is the newest addition. He's a feral like all the rest. My wife brings them in and fixes whatever problems they had. Speedy had a hole in his face. He got stitched up and he hides under the bed now but he'll come around eventually.

Was that 8? I think that was 8.

Bevstar

Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

Do I have a cat or does he have me? I think the latter, since my life at times can be ruled by him. He is gorgeous tho, golden eyed orange tabby. :) ,

justincone

Registered
Reaction score
A black YorkiePoo lives with my family. We're on good terms, but I caught her looking for rentals on Craigslist yesterday. Not sure how long this will last.

Ian_Else

Registered
Reaction score
No new Question of the week? I guess my time being gone has kinda killed the forum a bit. xD Jk. I know it's not all about me. But I'd like to know the new question if anyone wants to post one. >.> <.< >.>

I really miss this forum. I've been gone for so long and all due to personal reasons. Sorry peeps.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
But I'd like to know the new question if anyone wants to post one. >.> <.< >.>
New Question: When is your favorite time of the day to write? (Explanation optional :))

Last edited:

DocBad

Registered
Reaction score
New Question: When is your favorite time of the day to write? (Explanation optional :))

Mid-late morning.

Optional explanation: I'm taking daily classes at 0800 this semester and then have a few hours free, so I've been going to a beautiful old library on campus to write. The schedule has actually worked very well for me and the environment is extremely conducive to acting writerly :D

Ian_Else

Registered
Reaction score

I tend to do the majority of my writing late at night. For some reason my brain seems to be more active between 11pm and 4am.

Chris Ward

Banned
Reaction score
New Question of the Week: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

We have a cat. My wife and two daughters wanted a cat, I wanted a dog. Dogs are nice, they love you unconditionally and are always happy to see you.

Cats hate you. They're just waiting for you to die so they can eat your face.

Chris

Rose_C

Banned
Reaction score
Early morning, all the stuff that has been fermenting in my brain all night is fresh and ready to decant onto the page.

Repstock

Registered
Reaction score

Late morning and into the afternoon. I'm slow to wake up and then I have to share my tiny apartment in the evening. I find it hard to write with someone sitting next to me.