Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Uncle Poop

Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

My first and only pet to date was a great dane when I was a kid, not even a teenager yet. A few good stories with the dog that I can still remember, one of which is when I almost lost an eye while laying on his stomach watching tv. My mom had a saint bernard years ago that thought it was a lap dog and a cat. It would rub it's body against you like a cat does sometimes, only she was 130+ pounds of dog. And not my brother has the most oddest mix mutt I have ever heard of, she is dachshund/ pitbull. So she has the length and funny pointed feet of a dachshund and the colouring, stance/build and nose of a pitbull. She is the craziest and most hyper dog I have ever seen and all she wants to do is chase things you throw for her.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score

Yes. And yes.

I'll limit it to the current ones of Gilda (a terrier mix) and Crockett (kitten). The list of past pets would be too long.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Since the Olympics are on this week, we'll have a sports question.

New Question Of The Week:
What sport were you dead hot at when you were at school, that you could have won an Olympic medal if only you had applied yourself and carried on training?

La Loca

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe swimming, if I could have figured out how to make my arms and legs move at the same time :e2fish:

FussPutter

Registered
Reaction score
I was born with zippo athletic abilities. Not a couch vegetable, just not built for any sport, unless sitting at a desk qualifies. On the other hand, if I had a choice in the matter, then something to do with running. I dream about running. My wife runs circles around me without breaking a sweat poking me with 'You cant catch me'. No kidding. Got two good legs, just not running legs. Oh well. I get to listen to books while she runs like the wind.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score

What sport were you dead hot at when you were at school, that you could have won an Olympic medal if only you had applied yourself and carried on training?

Does book nerd count?

ChipsAhoyMcCoy

ريانن ✿ &#159
Registered
Reaction score

I LOVE field hockey. I missed my college's tryouts last year, and after going a full year without touching a stick, I doubt I'd make it this year. But I was pretty good at it in elementary-high school, so I imagine if I'd trained hard, I might've had a chance. I always played for fun though, not for the competition, so maybe I didn't have that Olympic spirit haha.

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I took up recreational sabre fencing at university, training under a former Hungarian Olympian, Dr. Bela Borsos. Olympic fencers also trained at the university at the time. I did not think much about it then. I beat the regional champ.

I enjoyed the sport but could not find anywhere to practice, let alone a store to purchase equipment from when I returned home.

Last edited:

AHopper84

Registered
Reaction score
I was generally horrible at all sorts of sports (still am), but I managed to suck slightly less at volleyball? No clue how I am at it today, since high school was the first last and only time I ever played.

Hamiltonburger

Registered
Reaction score
Where I would want to travel is to Lewis Carroll's Wonderland. I'd promise to be just as polite as Alice, and I've always wanted to talk to flowers and queens.

Scandal665

Registered
Reaction score

I've got an anti-social cat, a goldfish who looks like a golf all with find me and a ferret who makes me laugh out loud. I spoil all three pets, but the ferret is the only one who snuggles back.

MorbidLaughter

Registered
Reaction score

Boxing. I went twice a week before school and spent the rest of tthe day reeking of sweat and old gym shorts. I remember one time we saw a rat in the boys changing room so we asked the girl's to change in theirs after they'd finished. Luckily, we didn't get caught (but my pervy friend R didn't get to see what he wanted to see in the girl's changing room)

Mephist0paulus

Registered
Reaction score
We have a cat she is named after a Chinese delicacy, but she is not food. She is not *my* cat, but here she sits next to me on the couch, acting like she hates me. I'm like girl if you hated me you would leave. She looks back at me like no I wouldn't.

H.G.Aguilar

Registered
Reaction score
I used to have a baby duckling. But they forgot to take it outside when they fumigated the house for bugs, so it died that day. I wanted to get another but I hear they are bad pets, covered in salmonella...

Grayson Moon

Registered
Reaction score
I have two dogs... soon to be one dog. Ol' Ginger's heart is trying it's hardest, though.

MeghS

Registered
Reaction score
I have no pets. :cry: My husband is allergic, so when he and I moved in together, I sent my cat to live with my mom. My cat is much happier with her bigger house to run around in, but I miss him! :(

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, on the way home, I saw someone had put up their Christmas tree and decorations. Which leads to the question:

When will you put up your Christmas Tree and Decoration?

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, on the way home, I saw someone had put up their Christmas tree and decorations. Which leads to the question:

That is definitely too early. But I have a neighbor who put theirs up Nov 1.

Mine, however, will not go up until after Thanksgiving, probably that weekend.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score

Probably early December. I actually get sick of Christmas stuff pretty fast, so I'd love to put it up like a week before, but my fiancee will probably want it up sooner than that.

Thesala

Registered
Reaction score
The current question: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

I had a cat. His name was Pouki. In creole, that means 'why'. He always did the most ridiculous things and loved to pull stunts on people. For some reason, I always spoke to him in Creole and the sentence usually started with Pouki... Eventually, he responded to Pouki better than his original name, and it stuck.

romance2die4

Registered
Reaction score

When I was a kid, I had lessons or was put on a team in every sport imaginable, tennis, golf, swimming, sailing, fencing, softball, baseball, and the list goes on. Nothing stuck.

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
I have a cocker spaniel and two cats. Echo was the runt of her litter, so she's tiny and has wonky ears. She had straight hair until she was just over a year when it suddenly went curly. When Echo's coat is full grown, she looks like a curly headed sheep. My grey tabby, Jacob, is 18 years old a lovely old boy who sadly is senile, but in good physical shape. Bluebell is a Classic Siamese. She's very playful and sociable, Echo adores her. All three are adored by me :)

As for Christmas tree and decorations, usually the weekend before. But I can't put any presents under the tree until the day as Echo knows how to open them. :D

Last edited:

OrdinaryDreams

Listening to the Universe
Registered
Reaction score
Colorado Springs, CO, USA, Earth, Solar System

Late November or early December-ish hubby will put the lights up outside along with our inflatables - penguins, santa on a motorcycle, that sort of thing. Sometime later in December, IF we think about it, we'll put up our Charlie Brown tree on the dining room table. That's about it for us.