Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

MLE Wright

MLE Wright
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theonlyroad.co
Deep under the Ocean.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I remember being fascinated by a story about night scuba diving. It was told to me when I was young and impressionable. My teacher had been night diving with her new husband. She plunged into the water with only a flash
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]light. Her [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]instructions were to follow the rope dangling from the[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] boat to a specific depth before turning off her light and letting go of the rope. She was terrified. Beyond her beam of light was nothing. Darkness. She agonized over this for a long time. Finally, she did it. A paralysing blackness took hold at first. Then, once her eyes adjusted, the sky above glowed overhead brighter than she had ever seen. The ocean floor, meters below, was brilliantly displayed in a million colours.[/FONT]
Now, that would be worth seeing. A miraculous sight right here on earth. I have yet to do this but it is on my bucket list. My vote is the ocean. Besides, it uses less jet fuel. LOL
[/FONT]

Creative Cowboy

A Reader Is A Writer's Best Friend.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I propose this week's month's Bi-monthly question be:
Who will keep this thread going with regular questions? I suggest someone new, currently with less than 40 posts.

This Thread is missing its regular Inquisitor.

Creative Cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Damn, I just miss the cut.

You seem to be pretty good at asking questions, though, Cowboy. Might be you've found yourself a new path in life...
It's my old path. And it got me into lots of trouble....
But you're new around here so I don't think anyone would mind you being the thread's new Inquisitor.

S.I. Mansson

Registered
Reaction score
The current question: Bad names for the new Royal Baby?

Other Questions have been:
You can visit any fictional realm you want, but... you're going to be stuck there for 24 hrs. No getting out. Where would you go?

How are you celebrating New Year?

What is your favourite Christmas song?

When are you putting up your Christmas decorations?

Do you zip or button first?

Which shoe do you put on first, left or right?

What is your favourite 80's cartoon?

What was the last movie you watched?

What was the last book you read?

The very first Question of the Day was: If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?

All of these questions were so much fun, so I'm gonna answer all of them. In order:

- Pubert. The Addams family knew their shit.

- Hogwarts. Duh.

- Usually with a whole lot of wine. And hopefully people I care about. :')

- En Julsaga (It's a Swedish cover of Fairytale of New York, with much better singing)

- December 1st. Don't let that red-and-green monster eat Halloween, people!

- Button. Not taking any chances.

- I mostly try to jump into both at the same time. Saves time.

- Biker Mice From Mars and DinoRiders. And TMNT, obviously.

- Jupiter Ascending. AND I LOVED IT.

- Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain. That man does not mess around.

- Travel into space. Have you SEEN some of the messed up things lurking down there? Goblin shark, anyone?!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I have a question!

This question was posted in another thread and I don't an answer. You can answer "Yes" or "No" and be done with the question but what fun is that? Stretch your imagination and creative writing skills and tell me why:

Would it help if it was the pub sheep?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You do realize they lack context for that, right?

There should be visuals.

:D

(Also, this thread has been woefully neglected. I need to fix that.)

Creative Cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have a question!

This question was posted in another thread and I don't an answer. You can answer "Yes" or "No" and be done with the question but what fun is that? Stretch your imagination and creative writing skills and tell me why:

Would it help if it was the pub sheep?

It would all depend on how drunk I was.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
If absolute power corrupts absolutely, does absolute powerlessness make you pure?

Gribba

Keep being awesome!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writing.gribba.dk
New Question of the Week:

Bad names for the new Royal Baby?

If the royal family are doing anything like the Danish royal naming process (too many names referring to some family member in the history if the royal family) then I would say any name ever used by the royal family through out the history of time, would be a bad name...
why you ask...
well because I personally think children should not be given someones history and name to live up to but given their own name to make their own mark and own history. The pressure is there in the name regardless if they are told otherwise, there will always be someone and in the case of the royal child, the press that will remind them of where the name came from and how they should live up to the previous name owner.

Last edited:

bellsmuir

Registered
Reaction score
The last book I read was V.E. Schwab's VICIOUS, and it was BEYOND good. It's like she took the supervillain mythos and gave it a very strong twist, along with some Gaimanesque elements I really enjoyed. I'm trying to study the way she swaps between character POV's, as I've never tried anything like that before and I'd like to at some point.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I did, once. A goldfish that was a Christmas present when I was 9. I named him Mickey, a la Disney mouse. It died right before we left the country, which was an interesting timing.

Last edited:

Creative Cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
New Question of the Week: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

Turtles when I was 4 years old. I remember one was named Charlie.
Squirrels adopted me when I was about 9. These kids followed me home and dad allowed me to keep them.
Dog when I was 13. Mixed Collie, Husky, German Shepherd I named TJ Jackson.
Ferret when I was 36. He loved me unconditionally, remained a faithful companion, and added great value to my life.
Now I have a 2-year-old daughter who, while not from the animal kingdom, is still my pet. I am teaching her to speak.

nossmf

Scribo ergo sum
Registered
Reaction score
The current question: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

At present I have five cats and four kids. Difficult to say which are the most wild.

You can visit any fictional realm you want, but... you're going to be stuck there for 24 hrs. No getting out. Where would you go?

Draco Keep, the dormant volcano home of the dragon nation in my novels. I would love to ride on the back of one as it flew through the sky!

How are you celebrating New Year?

A married man with kids? At home of course.

What is your favourite Christmas song?

We Three Kings

When are you putting up your Christmas decorations?

The tree goes up Thanksgiving night; the lights outside the house never came down from last Christmas.

Do you zip or button first?

First I suck in my gut to make buttoning easier.

Which shoe do you put on first, left or right?

Shoes, right. Slippers, left. Don't ask me why.

What is your favourite 80's cartoon?

So many to remember, but if I had to pick just one I'd go with He-Man.

What was the last movie you watched?

Independence Day 2

What was the last book you read?

The Martian

The very first Question of the Day was: If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?

Outer space, man. I was a Trekkie long before I grew dragon wings.

kberdan

Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

I have been the owner of many pets (we amassed a collection over the years):

Cats: Becky (nasty piece of work), Daisy (got herself pregnant by a stray), Duncan (1 of 2 offspring from Daisy; my favorite pet who died of cancer :(), Prince (the second son of Daisy; my sister's cat). All of those childhood cats have passed away. Now I have Oliver (more commonly known as Nugget), a very fuzzy creature who likes to shed everywhere and destroy our furniture)

Dogs: Lady (childhood dog with numerous neuroses), Mac (current dog with numerous neuroses)