local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
... There are people who zip first? :crazy:

Cwright

Mmm... Mexican Food
Registered
Reaction score
Most definitely after Thanksgiving! :) I love the smell of a fresh Christmas tree in my home, but not while I'm feasting upon turkey. Ha!

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week

When are you putting up your Christmas decorations?

oh i have to put them out... oh yea grandkids.....

prob in december first or second week if i have time.

one year we waited till christmass eve. then spent the day as a family putting them up. and on dec 31 had them all down and in the box again :)

SuperKate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidbooklist.com
I have to wait until after Thanksgiving, but I usually can't wait more than a day or two after that. I'll bet we get the tree next weekend.

Flight Heart

Filet O'Fish
Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week

When are you putting up your Christmas decorations?

But...but... if you put them UP you have to take them down. And we're usually buried under snow in January.

Which begs the question - How long do you leave yours up?

bluediamond

The scribbled word is alive!
Registered
Reaction score
I would opt for the ocean, I am a advent scuba diver, and the best part is when we go night diving. The terrain changes, all the nocturnal creatures come out and it's totally a different experience

Lurosa

Through the eyes of a child
Registered
Reaction score
Christmas is not Christmas without my boys... no tree this year

bluediamond

The scribbled word is alive!
Registered
Reaction score
Christmas Decoration!

Putting them up?
I haven't taken them down from last year.
I just plug them in, if I feel it's Christmas!
One more drink, and presto it's Christmas again!

Ladybird

Registered
Reaction score
Christmas decorations? 1st December if I have my way. Never if grumpy Victor Meldrew has his. Anyone remember The TV series "One Foot in the Grave"?

RensPen

Registered
Reaction score
We put our Christmas décor up Nov 1st. We like to enjoy them for at least two months before taking them down.

StefR

Registered
Reaction score
I cleaned up my loungeroom and there was my christmastree under all the junk still up from last year (wish I was joking btw) so yeah. Guess I just decorated!

The Good Typist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thegoodtypist.blogspot.com
Hot button issue for me. I never decorate at home, as no kids and two tree-shredding cats, but at work, I am somehow responsible for the hospital lobby Christmas decorations, which never ceases to enrage me. I manage an unpaid staff of 175 volunteers, I don't have so much as a single assistant, and I have multiple, very high and stressful levels of responsibility, and the minute any one sees me dragging the stupid tree into the Lobby, I inevitably hear "Oh, you have SUCH A FUN JOB!!!" from the peanut gallery. No, my job is not *fun*. I'm a certified professional in volunteer management, I juggle multiple complex responsibilities, I answer to the Joint Commission, I'm usually in the process of conducting some sort of investigation, and my job requires a high level of complex thought. I don't just stand around all day putting baubles on the stupid Christmas trees! The whole thing is completely demeaning to my profession, but I can never seem to find volunteers willing to put the trees up, so I'm it. This year, I hired an intern and sent her to do it, because I just couldn't take it anymore. And I still got the idiots saying, "Oh what a fun job you have!" Argh!!! Volunteer management is not fun, it is not for the faint of heart, and it is *not* an unskilled profession. /Rant over.

RensPen

Registered
Reaction score
I mean how do you choose just one? That's like asking what my favorite kind of food is.