Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
It must be the portuguese optimism - you know, the cheer and hope for a better future that's everywhere here.

/sarcasm

:D

TamaraLynne

Registered
Reaction score
Yikes! I don't like either option!I would love to go to Bora Bora and go under the water to see beautiful fish and dolphins but I cringe at deep sea because I think of large monsters that are hungry.

I love to fly :) but cringe once again at the thought of getting stuck and running out of oxygen or floating away into nothingness if I was in deep space...

Can't we just watch it on T.V. ? :)

TamaraLynne

Registered
Reaction score
oops....I guess I answered the wrong question. Hmmmm

Can't remember my last take out...maybe pizza? its been awhile. Love all kinds of food though :)

Last edited:

Feaky Snucker

Registered
Reaction score
I've purposely avoided making resolutions since I was 16. It annoyed me that people felt the need to only make big goals for themselves once a year, then forget them by the 8th of Jan. I know it's good for some people, but I try to make goals all year round (and achieve them). Try being the key word haha.

Andie

Registered
Reaction score
I think they both sound dreadful. I hate the water because it is always cold, and space sounds even colder. Sorry but can't choose between worse, and worser.

Leah Sweet

Leah Sweet
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thesweetfamilylife.wordpress.com
Don't really want to go to space. Never was interested and don't know why. In theory it is all pretty cool. But it's cold, takes forever to get there, you look like the Ghostbusters stay puft marshmallow man so forget ANY effort at fashion, i bet your sleep patterns get all screwed up...i just can't see the plus side.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week

Alright folks, I realize I'm a little behind with this, but it's been kind of a slow couple of months for the thread, anyway.

(Maybe I ought to toss it into my sig...)

Anyway, inspired by my daughter's desire to leave the tree up until March - not that I did - I got to thinking:

When do you take down the last of the Christmas decorations?

Mine came down last weekend, btw.

xmas_smiley.gif

Last edited:

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
*sees Sara*

*runs in a gives her a big ol'd bear hug*

:hi:

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
*ahem*

If you're going to pop in here, at least answer the question Daniel.

Oh yeah. Sorry, Boss :D

Its been kinda tradition in my family to take all the decorations down New Years Day. (January 1)

A. K. Fotinos-Hoyer

Chasing Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
I take them down on New Year's Day too. When the new year starts, I want a clean, fresh beginning and the Christmas decorations are part of the old year so they have to come right down.

Carolwm

Registered
Reaction score
Just figuring this board out. I thought we were discussing the ocean deeps vs space only to find out we were actually discussing Christmas decorations or the current lack thereof. I need more coffee. My decorations were gone before I started back to teaching on 1/3, but the pesky needles left from dragging the tree outside may remain for years. I sweep. I vacuum. They're still lurking.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just figuring this board out. I thought we were discussing the ocean deeps vs space only to find out we were actually discussing Christmas decorations or the current lack thereof.

This isn't my fault. If I had the ability to change the first post here, I would, but sadly (perhaps wisely) they have not seen fit to give me the power to change this.

I will, however, take it up with Jed the next time he is around that perhaps the first post needs to be more neutral, and just refer people to the last page for the current question.

Sorry for the confusion!

echelon

Registered
Reaction score
A couple of fun questions answered by a newbie

:DThe last take-out I had was pizza and cheesy bread from Clockwork Pizza, and my family loves it because it is Chicago style fold-in-half cheese pizza. Yummy!

I'm thinking space travel would be amazing, but I would want to placed in suspended animation until we arrived.

Thanks for the questions,

J

Leah Sweet

Leah Sweet
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thesweetfamilylife.wordpress.com
Christmas decorations come down on New Year's Day. By then the trees are pretty much fire hazards, the kids have destroyed all ornaments on the low lying branches, and if I hear another Josh Grogan Christmas song someone will get murdered.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby took down the decorations on Christmas day this year! We don't usually take them down so early, but Monday is our garbage pick-up, and this year the city had the tree pick up on the same day, so...

Carolwm

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry!

This isn't my fault. If I had the ability to change the first post here, I would, but sadly (perhaps wisely) they have not seen fit to give me the power to change this.

Thank you, but I wasn't complaining. More just feeling a bit dumb because I didn't know what I was doing. It's a more complicated and LARGER site than I am used to. Anyway, thanks, but it wasn't your fault.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Current Super-Dooper Question of the Week is: What was the last take-out you had and did you like it and what is your favourite?

I had leftovers from Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse - DH always orders a full rack and only ever eats half.

If that doesn't count it was probably McDonald's.

hillgf

Registered
Reaction score
Fried chicken underwater next to the box of Christmas decorations I don't have to take down because I never got around to putting them up ;).