Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather go to Turkey. It's got an interesting history and culture, even if I don't speak the language. :)

I like turkey. White meat, please. :)

Don't worry about us, Jed. We're already a little spaced. :D

pandora_6666

Lost in the cyber jungle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hmmm.... Well, truthfully, I wouldn't want to go to either space or the deep ocean. I like the ground :p But, if I have to pick one.. um... well, I guess the ocean. I can't swim exactly, but it's more familiar what with it being on earth and all and space is just... wow... really a scary thought, LOL!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, a brand new question of the day.

If you had entered a competition and won, and the prize was either a relaxing holiday in the sun, or a ski-ing holiday in the snow, which one would you pick?

The Last Knight

Registered
Reaction score
The holiday in the sun

I will have plenty of snow in my driveway (which my son will have to shovel :) in a few days, so absolutely it will be a holiday in the sun.

Ethan

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Relax in the sun. Winter hasn't even started and I'm already sick of the cold

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score

If you had entered a competition and won, and the prize was either a relaxing holiday in the sun, or a ski-ing holiday in the snow, which one would you pick?

Okay, let's see: blasted by the sun lasering through the hole in the ozone layer, wrinkling up your body and developing disfiguring skin cancer, or:

the adrenalin rush of whooshing down the mountainside, skimming fresh pristine powder in an early morning run....hmmm

Just in case there was any doubt.....No contest! Ski vacation of course!!

Now, where do I sign up?!

ChessSafari

Don't Ever Quit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twchesssafari.blogspot.com
As a New Englander and Upstate New Yorker for 58 of my 60 years, I'll take the sun. I've had my fill of snow, whether to shovel, to drive through, to ski in, to look at, or any other method of supposed enjoyment.

eLfwriter

Indiscriminate Tree-Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Sun or snow ... snow or sun ...

Well ... seeing as I'd go somewhere with a lot of trees, and remembering that I'm a total klutz and I'd probably *slapbangouch* into a tree if some crazy person was crazy enough to let me on the ski-lift ... omg, ski-lift. That's another calamity waiting to happen *flashes back to grade 7 ski trip when she fell off the lift, repeatedly*.

Yeah, so, pass the suntan lotion. I'm going to the beach. I'll sit under a palm tree. (Less of a hazard to my health, methinks. Unless a coconut lands on my head ...)

Can we have less hazardous options, for the accident prone? @_@

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As a New Englander and Upstate New Yorker for 58 of my 60 years, I'll take the sun. I've had my fill of snow, whether to shovel, to drive through, to ski in, to look at, or any other method of supposed enjoyment.

Me too! (except for the New York part--never lived there)

Oh and I'm not 60 either.

Ooh, I just realized I now have 13,000 posts! Is there a prize for that, Jed?

Last edited:

crimsonnyx

Werewolves & Vampyres Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Skiing!!!! I love the cold! ironic isn't it, by living in california. anyways definitely skiing, or should I say snowboarding? because I'm an awesome snowboarder.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com

If it's a holiday in the sun, I might as well just go home. We've got plenty of tropical sun with green parrots eating the pink leaves on the tree outside my window, neighborhood monkeys (four) that eat flowers and bamboo, neighborhood lizards (various kinds, various sizes up to five or six feet) that wander around, sometimes in our yard or in the house, and so on. And the heat and sun is unrelenting, except when we get the monsoon rain. Torrential downpours, anyone?

I actually miss being able to make snow angels. Watch the steam rising off my overheating dead body.

But as long as I don't have to ski. I don't turn well and when I tumble, I dislocate everything. Seriously, everything. It's that pesky genetic collagen defect of mine. And then someone would have to sweep me onto a gurney so I could get sent to the hospital and get everything put back together again. So I think it's best if I stick to rigorous snow angel making as my winter time activity thankyouverymuch. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score

Hmm, even though I love the snow and building snowmen and having snowball fights, I'm not really a fan of skiing. Plus if ever I got to actually have a holiday I'd like it to at least be relaxing and warm. So I'd have to go for the relaxing holiday in the sun.

When do we get the next new question of the day?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Me too! (except for the New York part--never lived there)

Oh and I'm not 60 either.

Ooh, I just realized I now have 13,000 posts! Is there a prize for that, Jed?
Of course you get a prize and it's a special one too. All you have to do is to send me a rep to redeem it :D .

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
When do we get the next new question of the day?

I'm glad you asked :D . Here's the brand new Question of the Day:

An Evil Galactic Nasty Warlord Person has come to Earth and is setting about destroying all flavours of ice-creams. However, the Evil Galactic Nasty Warlord Person has given you a choice of saving just one flavour of ice-cream, your most favourite. Which flavour of ice-cream would you pick?

(and don't question the scenario, it could happen)

Last edited: