Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotD

So, now that the Rapture has *not* happened (this was not a shock to anyone, I hope?)...

Which End of the World As We Know It* prediction would you most like to actually have happen?

I vote Ragnarok. I want to see some Frost Trolls, dammit.

:e2sven:

*and I feel fine

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score
Vogons! :D

Actually, the scientific one. When the sun will expand into a red giant all the way to the Earth's orbit. For the science and the spectacular view (from the safety of a robust spaceship of course) but mostly because I'll still be alive in five billion years. :)

Underthelivingmoon

Closets are for clothes
Registered
Reaction score
Fast zombies, slow, shuffling zombies, or gun-toting car-driving crazy zombies?

:D

Oh, I don't know... Can we just have a free-for-all? :) Why is it always brain-eating zombies? Can't we have zombies that want liquor or some deep-fried butter? lol

Underthelivingmoon

Closets are for clothes
Registered
Reaction score
Deep fried butter?

:tmi

Yeah, Oprah and her 'friend' Gayle went to the Texas state fair and ate deep fried butter. Apparently you take a pad of frozen butter, wrap it in phyllo (fillo) dough, flash fry it, then cover it in powdered sugar and preserves.

I think my arteries clogged just watching it.

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Oprah and her 'friend' Gayle went to the Texas state fair and ate deep fried butter. Apparently you take a pad of frozen butter, wrap it in phyllo (fillo) dough, flash fry it, then cover it in powdered sugar and preserves.

I think my arteries clogged just watching it.

:Wha:

At least I don't have to wonder at how on earth you can ingest 4000 calories a day anymore. :popcorn:

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it's a secret plot to take over the world, clogging arteries one at a time? :eek:

(Srsly - fried coke? :Wha:)

Underthelivingmoon

Closets are for clothes
Registered
Reaction score
I eat fried foods maybe 2 or 3 times a year- so the thought of eating deep-fried butter or Fried Coca Cola makes me a bit ill- ugh

Griesmeel

Wide eyed stumbler.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, before the end of the world there is only one chance to end the human race.

I'll give him a teeny tiny kudo for the idea but I politely decline my participation, thank you.
That said, if he is planning to take over the world (by having everybody else eat themselves to death) simply by being the last man standing, is he in fact the ruler of the world or is it the cougar that eats him? Hmmm.... deep fried phylosophy.... yum yum!
:D

Karen1953

Registered
Reaction score
I would say neither. I am scared of heights and claustrophoic. I love the water though.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Which End of the World As We Know It* prediction would you most like to actually have happen?

Well, it would be cool if a super giant volcano erupted somewhere and the skies were filled with ash... kind of like The Matrix. (Well, we "burned" the skies in that movie some how but it always reminded me of a volcano ash cloud covering the sky.)

That would be neat. Seeing the world get dark. Spooky. I'm a twisted teddy bear.

Matchy

Lazy Daizy...
Registered
Reaction score
Considering I was waiting for the firestorm on the 21st - that didn't come, even going outside to smoke to help it along; I believe next time it will be the Klingons. Ask Captain Kirk.

Or wait for October - there'll be another firestorm and I will once again go outside and smoke.

Last edited:

FantasiaFrogDesigns

Fantasia frog Designs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fantasiafrogdesigns.wordpress.com
So, now that the Rapture has *not* happened (this was not a shock to anyone, I hope?)...

I vote Ragnarok. I want to see some Frost Trolls, dammit.

:e2sven:

*and I feel fine

I have NO idea, but I'm betting it goes out with a whimper rather than a super human-android-galactic infused-raid-all-star-bang. I'm bettin'

adnan

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing beats good Lays -

The Current Super-Dooper Question of the Day is: What are your favourite flavour crisps?

JennieRose8

Registered
Reaction score
Due to unpopular demand I've decided to start a new thread in which, each day, I will ask a brand new super-dooper question of the day for our newbies and nearly newbies and not-so new newbies. It'll be a great way to get a few more posts under your belts and get used to posting in the forums.

The Current Super-Dooper Question of the Day is: What are your favourite flavour crisps?

(for the Americans in here: crisps = chips)

The very first Question of the Day was: If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?

By "crisps," I'm assuming you mean potato chips? As a pregnant lady, I've adopted BBQ flavor as my favorite and am now currently craving them, thanks to this post. :p

If you mean cookies, then it's chocolate chips FOR SURE.